View Full Version : N78 issues

Nseries78
18-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Most of these are more related to S60 rather than the phone itself anyways here goes:

1) Can't send emails but can receive them when hooked up with IMAP gmail. I put in the google recommended settings but it still doesn't work. It says feature not supported.

2) Youtube and orb streaming doesn't work, it always gets timed out when loading in realplayer. Would this be real players fault or something else? orb works on all the other computers i've tried it on.

3) When using DNLA over the lan, I can stream music just fine but video it says operation not supported, i'm guessing because realplayer won't play divx/xvid. If I got a program like coreplayer, would this fix it?

Nseries78
19-06-2008, 09:39 PM
ok, I managed to fix problem 1, I had re-entered the password wrong, oops.

Still no luck on problems 2-3, sounds like some other n78 owners are having video playback problems too. Might need a firmware fix for this one.

I have another question, is there a way to set coreplayer or divx player as the default for streaming links?

Rafe
19-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Number 2 sounds like it could be an access point isssue. Have you set an access point in the settings of real player?

Number 3 - you can only play certain formats. DivX etc. might play if it comes with the playing applicaion comes with a file recogniser, but not sure about this. You could try the free DivX player and see if that works?

No there's no way to change the player for streaming links as far as I know.

Nseries78
21-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Looks like the streaming issue goes deeper than I thought. When I shoot a video from the camera, I can't play it back. It displays a black screen and the sound kinda stutters.

I'm going to format the phone and see if that helps.

Nseries78
22-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Well I formatted my phone and now youtube videos work! Orb still doesn't though.