View Full Version : N82 screen not calibrated

bazman
03-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Just picked up a shiny new black N82 on Orange yesterday, and as soon as I loaded some test videos onto it I noticed that blues are showing as purple, and its very annoying. Some other colours also look wrong, and it really ruins an otherwise great phone.

They were out of stock when I went back, so I don't yet know if its just my handset or all of them.

Any other N82 owners have the same issue?

Cheers

Barry

nj7
05-06-2008, 04:27 PM
No me... check if you have the latest firmware, could be that:frown:

dez_borders
05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Just picked up a shiny new black N82 on Orange yesterday, and as soon as I loaded some test videos onto it I noticed that blues are showing as purple, and its very annoying. Some other colours also look wrong, and it really ruins an otherwise great phone.

I have never experienced that problem. Do still pictures display with the same problem? That would indicate a hardware fault wiht the screen.

What program did you use to convert your vids to a format compatible with the phone?

bazman
05-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Photos also have a purple tinge too.

I have a calibrated lcd screen on my PC, and photos/videos on my N73 display colours that match that screen. Those same files look different on my N82 using the same program (gallery for photos, and divx player for videos), so its not the files/conversion method

It may be fixable by firmware in future, but I already have the latest available now 20.0.062

I've looked at 3 other N82's, and they all have the same problem. I havent given up yet though - want to find a good one as really like the phone otherwise

Wondering if its a problem with just the black ones?

Barry

dez_borders
05-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Photos also have a purple tinge too.

I would have to say your N82 screen sounds like a fault.

Pics and videos all render in lifelike colours on my N82. ;)

adamwest
16-06-2008, 01:31 PM
sounds like a faulty screen to me. Perhaps it had been stored near a magnet or similar

bazman
23-06-2008, 08:56 PM
I got this back from Orange...

"The purple tinge is a side effect of the TFT lcd and is actually quite common. Having discussed this with Nokia they see it as normal behaviour and would be much more concerned if the purple tinge was / could be printed out. So they have no plans to change this. Initial Orange return figures and the Nokia Global Failure figures support this plan as it is not currently seen as a significant cause of return."

For this reason, I regrettably returned the phone