View Full Version : n76 reset code

siralex
30-05-2008, 11:31 AM
hi everyone ive got a small problem ive tried to reset my n76 but after i enter the reset code it ask's me for a diferent code what do i have to enter?

N/A
02-06-2008, 06:49 AM
The default lock/security code is 12345.

srizvi1
08-02-2009, 11:02 AM
My N76's screen stopped working, but the phone still works. before I send it in for repair, I'd like to delete information on it. I was able to connect to Nokia Ovi Suite to make a back up (even though the screen isn't working) so now I want to reset the phone. Can anyone walk me through what I have to do step by step knowing that I cannot see what I'm doing on the screen?

N/A
08-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Power the phone on. After you think it is on, dial *#7370# and after a few seconds type in the lock code (12345) and press the center selection key (or left softkey). After that, the phone shoud be clear. When you send it for repair (take out your SIM card and the phone memory card; don't send them).

srizvi1
08-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Power the phone on. After you think it is on, dial *#7370# and after a few seconds type in the lock code (12345) and press the center selection key (or left softkey). After that, the phone shoud be clear. When you send it for repair (take out your SIM card and the phone memory card; don't send them).

Thanks for the response. I just tried but after I followed your instructions, nothing happened. My outer LCD still continued to display the time, etc. I should be pressing the right buttons because I've turned my "Outdoor" mode on which allows me to ear the keys as I press them.

Are you sure there may not be something that may be missing? maybe another key or something after I put in the lock code 12345?

ok, my screen randomly started working again so I ws able to see what was going on - after you put the *#7370# keystroke in, it tells you the phone's going to restart and you have to hit the left soft key to confirm. then you put in the lock code. And then the phone restarts. What I don't remember is if after I put the lock code in, did I push the center button or left selection button to confirm. Thanks for getting back to me though.