View Full Version : Device update news

Daimonji
29-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi,

Everything is in the title. No changelog yet : http://europe.nokia.com/A4577225

Daimonji.

Nyxmorph
30-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Cant see anything on that page to do with the E51 :)

Please dont put stickies in this forum which have no valid information.

There is a thread 'firmware versions' which you can add to, then I can update it as appropriate when there is actual information.

If a moderator happens to read this there are 2 very good threads in this forum which should be stickied and not a random one off post!

The thread marked 'firmware versions' and the thread marked 'product codes'.

Thanks!

Daimonji
30-05-2008, 08:13 AM
This thread is sticky because a moderator or administrator changed it as sticky. And my information is valid (see news post for E61i and E51).

Nyxmorph next time please learn and read carefuly. ;)

Nyxmorph
30-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I have read it carefully. I have even searched the page for 'E51'. Its not on there. Somehow you are seeing a news feed that I am not.

And please dont come onto this forum and start being patronising to its members! I have been very helpful and always polite with people here, maybe you could try the same? (p.s. I design and write web sites including forums, I think I know how something gets made sticky!)

This is the top posts on that page that you linked :

Nokia N73 software version 4.0812.4.x released - 22 May 2008
This software version includes support for mobile TV (when used with SU-33W receiver) and Express Mail clients. This release also includes updates and improvements to Nokia Maps and improved Java support.

Microsoft Vista support temporarily removed - 8 May 2008
Support for Microsoft Vista has temporarily been removed from the Nokia Software Updater. This is due to recent changes in certain Microsoft Vista configurations that cause the Nokia Software Updater to become unstable. Other Microsoft Operating Systems are not affected. Support will be reintroduced as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Nokia N82 software version 20.0.062/20.1.062 released - 8 April 2008
This software version includes Flash Lite 3 support (enabling users to watch Flash video web sites such as YouTube), location tagging (allowing users to automatically "geo-tag" images with location information and upload directly to websites such as Flickr or Twango for friends to see where she/he has been) and Widget support. The release also includes camera exposure improvements and improvements to Bluetooth headset interoperability.

Nokia N95 software version 21.0.016 released - 26 March 2008
This software version includes Flash Lite 3 support (enabling users to watch Flash video web sites such as YouTube) and Widget support. The release also includes standby-time improvements and improvements to Bluetooth headset interoperability.

Nokia N95 8GB software version 15.0.015 released - 11 January 2008
This software version includes Flash Lite 3 support which enables users to watch Flash video Web sites such as YouTube and improved power consumption allow you to do more for longer. Other improvements include WLAN and browser stability, email viewing and Nokia Maps startup.

Daimonji
30-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I give a link to a web page every firmware update is notified on, so it is just a matter of time. This changelog page is the right one, but is not up to date.

Nyxmorph
30-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I give a link to a web page every firmware update is notified on, so it is just a matter of time. This changelog page is the right one, but is not up to date.

So its not on there then :) Thank you ;)

Daimonji
30-05-2008, 08:34 AM
As a response to yours, I can say I'm not patronising anyone, and even if I have fewer posts than you, I am the regular participant of this forum, mainly as a reader.

You say you are "very helpful and always polite" but on this topic you show the exact opposite. I guess you must be too confident to say such things.

And I don't have any option to make a topic as sticky. A created a new topic and a few minutes after, it was gone sticky. Ask to a moderator, I have no time to waste with people like you.

So its not on there then :) Thank you ;)When I write no changelog, it should be clear, doesn't it ?

Nyxmorph
30-05-2008, 08:43 AM
It was this comment I found patronising and abusing : (of which I have reported)

"Nyxmorph next time please learn and read carefuly."

The comment to 'Please dont put stickies in this forum which have no valid information.' was directed to the mod that made it a sticky, not you.

When you write 'no changelog' it indicates that the news story is actually there, but there is no changelog as to the changes in the firmware. What I actually discovered was that there was no news story or change log.

Hope this clears everything up for you.

bartmanekul
30-05-2008, 09:33 AM
It was me who stickied the thread. I assumed that it had useful information about a new firmware update, apologies for not checking.

I dont venture into the E51 forum often, no-one has the time to look at each section of the forum.

If you feel that a thread should be sticked, PM a mod, here to help. Have stickied the other threads.

Nyxmorph
30-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Many thanks indeed, and thanks for the 2 which have been stickied, its of great help indeed!!!!!

bartmanekul
30-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Not a problem. Mods are here to help, not just lay down the law. But we need to know, dispite popular belief, we are not all seeing ;)

pa49
31-05-2008, 12:21 AM
This thread should be deleted as it has an erroneous title and no useful info!

mszilard1111
01-06-2008, 08:26 AM
I confirm, there is a new fw update: 200.34.36

Daimonji
01-06-2008, 05:45 PM
This thread should be deleted as it has an erroneous title and no useful info!Please check the news this website gives before saying such things. Once and for all : there is a new firmware indeed.

What I could say is: http://bloge51.blogspot.com should be deleted as it has no useful info!

Nyxmorph
02-06-2008, 08:15 AM
There are lots of *rumours* and blog entries about this firmware (there has been for ages actually), but hopefully we will get something official soon and some main stream product codes with it in.

If anyone gets anything official or product codes its on or firmware changes release notes, stick it on the firmware update thread :)

pa49
02-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Please check the news this website gives before saying such things. Once and for all : there is a new firmware indeed.

What I could say is: http://bloge51.blogspot.com should be deleted as it has no useful info!

There may be now but the original post was misleading to say the least.