View Full Version : S60.FP1/Flip/WLAN

timsalmon
25-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Nokia listening?

Am I alone hoping for an S60 product that nobody seems to be talking about? Here's the low-down...

1. It needs to be S60 3rd Edition FP1
2. It needs to be a 'flip-phone'
3. It needs to have a mini/micro-USB connector (not pop-port)
4. It must have WLAN connectivity
5. It must have 'reasonable' RAM - like at least c.40MB free after boot

I can live without N-Series compatability (for the range of N-Series features like N-Gage and Nokia Music). It would be a nice bonus, though.

No need for GPS.

The tallest bit of this order seems to be the form factor - everything else is there in a number of models. So why can't we have a well-featured 'flip-phone' unlike the current offering of the N76 (no WLAN) or forthcoming 6600 'fold' which is S40?! I think what actually would suit me is an E51 in a 'flip-phone' form. Or an N76 with WLAN.

Tim

ziffos
27-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Nokia listening?

Am I alone hoping for an S60 product that nobody seems to be talking about? Here's the low-down...

1. It needs to be S60 3rd Edition FP1
2. It needs to be a 'flip-phone'
3. It needs to have a mini/micro-USB connector (not pop-port)
4. It must have WLAN connectivity
5. It must have 'reasonable' RAM - like at least c.40MB free after boot

I can live without N-Series compatability (for the range of N-Series features like N-Gage and Nokia Music). It would be a nice bonus, though.

No need for GPS.

The tallest bit of this order seems to be the form factor - everything else is there in a number of models. So why can't we have a well-featured 'flip-phone' unlike the current offering of the N76 (no WLAN) or forthcoming 6600 'fold' which is S40?! I think what actually would suit me is an E51 in a 'flip-phone' form. Or an N76 with WLAN.

Tim

Hi Tim,

How about the Nokia E90?

Looks like it may have everything you are after :icon14:

timsalmon
27-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks Ziffos, but I already have the E90 and you're right, technically it's a 'flip phone' but that's not what I mean. I mean a 'flip phone' like the N76, that is pocket-small (unlike the E90) and that you 'flip open' up to your ear to answer and 'flip closed' to end call. In fact the N76 comes very very close - but no WLAN. Shame.

Tim