View Full Version : How to change the first shortcut on w960i

trelloskilos
06-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi all. First post here

I've unlocked & de-branded my w960i, but I'd like to know how to change the first icon showing on the standby screen when the phone is in 'Walkman' standby application mode.

At the bottom left of the screen are 3 icons, one for the main menu (4 spots), one for the shortcut menu (3 spots under a triangle), and the first one, which is currently "vodafone live". (a cartoony icon of a photograph)

I'd like to know how to change the shortcut, because it doesn't work in the same way as the other shortcuts. If I can't change it, then at least I'd like to know how to change the icon.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

endura
11-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Main menu(the 4 dots icon)>Tools>Control Panel>Device>Standby application

trelloskilos
11-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi Endura - Sorry, but that's not what I was trying to do.

With your solution, all I can do is switch from Walkman mode to business mode or none. - What I want to do is to be in Walkman mode, but to change the icon picture and/or the shortcut of the icon in the very bottom left of the screen, next to the four spot (main menu) and the three spot (pull-up menu) icons, WITHOUT changing the actual mode from Walkman.

Thanks for offering a potential solution though.....

Anyone else got any ideas?

cliveuk
12-05-2008, 08:11 AM
highlight the icon then tap more then you can select replace to replace shortcut, edit to change the name and/or icon and preferences to configure how it all looks.

trelloskilos
12-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Clive - No, that doesn't work either. You can configure the pull-up icons like that, but this icon does not give you the option. If you try to change that first icon, it does not give you the "Replace" option like it does with the other icons....

Still stumped on this one. Anyone else know how to remedy this?

cliveuk
13-05-2008, 08:00 AM
hmm i got my phone sim free and never seen that icon so im guessing its something stuck there and to do with vodafone only... you say you debranded and flashed new firmware?

trelloskilos
13-05-2008, 11:27 AM
hmm i got my phone sim free and never seen that icon so im guessing its something stuck there and to do with vodafone only... you say you debranded and flashed new firmware?

Yep, phone is unlocked, and de-branded...unless there is other new firmware that I don't know about...or maybe it is something actually on the SIM...

Firmware was flashed using XS++ (or something like that...) and updated through the Sony Ericsson Updater app.

PhobosDeimos
15-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Hello trelloskilos.

The Vodafone L!ve logo would only appear on your handset if it was still branded and was using Vodafone firmware.

I just wanted to point out that if you do debrand a Vodafone handset that it invalidates your warranty agreement.

You can read about debranding and firmware here (http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=363).

Have a great day. :)

PhobosDeimos
VodafoneUK

trelloskilos
18-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi Phobos Demios

Thanks for letting me know. Don't worry about the Vodafone warranty. I debranded the phone when my contract expired with Vodafone. (nothing personal. Vodafone were great to me. I just got a better & cheaper deal).

So basically, my problem isn't with the phone itself but with the de-branding that I did on my w960i. Thanks all for your help. :)

nikillaking
20-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I would not mind if you could tell me how to debrand the w960i with new firmware because i really want to know how to change those sucky menus and icons

linmemories
26-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Hi,

Hope this is what you want:
Click on the up arrow above the 3rd icon, on any of the 4 icons that you wish to change its shortcut, scroll to that particular icon. Then click on more-->replace and choose the program you wish to have... ;)

cliveuk
26-05-2008, 05:58 PM
he has already tried that linmemories :)

trelloskilos
27-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Yep...as Cliveuk said, already tried that.

Still, it doesn't matter whether a proposed solution is right or wrong (as long as you don't end up bricking someone's phone...!) - It's just good to see people willing to contribute potential solutions on these forums! :). Besides, who's to say it might not resolve the issue for someone else? ;)

Thanks Linmemories for the input :)

cliveuk
27-05-2008, 10:29 AM
just wish voda,orange etc etc would sell a phone without soddin around with the software on it , ok stick a small logo on the phone somewhere but leave the software as its meant to be... working

synoniv
12-06-2008, 04:11 PM
trelloskillos

I empathise with you - it is not possible to change the first shortcut , though I have not yet rebranded or unlocked my phone from Vodafone.

Also, I wonder you or anyone figured out how to create a shortcut to add a 'reminder' rather than going through the whole array of organiser options. I'm still struggling with certain usability aspects of this phone which is only 3 weeks new to me !

synoniv
12-06-2008, 04:14 PM
just wish voda,orange etc etc would sell a phone without soddin around with the software on it , ok stick a small logo on the phone somewhere but leave the software as its meant to be... working

thankfully, this time round voda has not pasted their logo anywhere on the phone I received with upgrade!. I'm thinking of rebranding (knowing the risk) anyones got any idea how much it is going to cost me in west london