View Full Version : movie/dowload quality on my 950i

grahamfocal
06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
I have sucessfully managed to download a snipit of the simpsons onto my W950i using Xilisoft (trial) package to see what its like.
The picture was about 1inch square, and very poor quality.
Is the best that it will be or should it be better quality, or I am expecting too much.
Is there any other ways of putting decent quality movies, clips, etc, even If I have to pay for it. Just want to know how good the moving image quality is, as the demo that came on the phone was quite good.

Cheers
Graham

trelloskilos
07-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi Graham

The problem isn't with the phone, but with the file itself. If it is encoded at a low rate, then the picture & audio quality will be poor. If it is encoded at a higher rate, then the picture & audio will be better, but the payoff is a larger file size. - Ideally, you want a happy medium.

The W950 should recognise mpg and avi files (and there is even a divx codec for the UIQ3 series), but they are usually very bulky. The most commonly used format on mobile phones is 3GP. - there are several good (and free) 3GP convertors out there, and it is easy to create good quality and decent video files without taking up too much mobile phone memory. :)

grahamfocal
08-05-2008, 01:06 PM
many thanks for that.