View Full Version : SE W960 unable to use touch screen need help :*(

tetyong
14-04-2008, 11:46 PM
i really do not know how or when this happen but this morning i recieved a call and could not use the touch screen to pick up the call and from there on the phone touch screen became useless. Anyone else have this problem? I've even tried updating the phone with SE Update now im stuck on Language mode chooser now i cannot make calls or recieve incomming calls :*( please help me! :icon4:

strider
15-04-2008, 05:48 PM
It's happened to me once in a while... I just:
1) switch the phone off
2) remove the battery
3) replace the battery
4) restart the phone.

I reckon the phone crashes either due to memory overload or conflicting software, or both. It is best to keep the open tasks to a minimum via the Task Manager.

If problem persists, then conflicting software must have become a serious issue, or a virus must have made its way into the system.

latinohommie17
06-10-2008, 04:40 AM
hey i have the same problem im at language selection and i use the jog wheel to select amerian english but cant go pass the comfirme yes or no? u ever find a solution? many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meiny
15-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I have the exact problem at the moment.. i just reinstalled software thinking my touchscreen would work again.. now i cant get pas language selection so cannot use my phone at all...this sucks!! have taken out my battery etc... what to do??:mad: This phone has been doing this for about 2 months now touchscreen working and then not.. i think its a manufacturing fault!

xPrincex
23-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I had the same problem.

I tried following thing and its working fine so far:

- First, i backed up my stuffs.
- I turned off my phone completely, removed the battery, installed the battery and rebooted the phone. BUT SAME problem occured.
- I did firmware upgrade by using update software provided by sony erricsion website. Download the update application from here: LINK (http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/topic/updateserviceapplication/w960i)

- follow the steps during update.
- Reboot the phone.
- I saw that i have already lost my contacts etc, but i did a backup so i was safe.
- things work fine now.

by the way, i have seen many user who have same problem and i think sony erricsion will find a fix for this problem.

Gud Luck !

latinohommie17
06-11-2008, 07:19 PM
The Reason The W960 handset stop working is probally because a accidetaly drop that happen and disconnected a touchscreen sensor inside i dont reconmend opening the phone because so many critical parts and springs will fly off as soon as it open. i have repair 3 with the same problem, im willing to repair a touch screen problem for a small feed conpared to the 100s or 200s dollars that phone repairds charge, and if u bought ur phone at online autions dont bother sending it back they wont fix it they say its a gray market item. so need any more info reply and i will send u my email with all the contact info.. thanks and good luck.

Alexandros
12-12-2008, 02:09 PM
I am new to the forum and would like to relate my own recent experience with the touch screen that might help. About 20 days ago, after I downloaded the latest W960 upgrade software, the screen stopped functioning. I took it to Vodafone service (the phone under warranty) and the verdict was that there were traces of moisture inside the phone, not repairable and not covered by the warranty. It was also sent to Sony Ericsson and I got the same verdict. Moisture inside the phone. I was ready to throw the phone away and buy another and as I was removing the SIM card I noticed a tiny button under the SIM card bed which was popped out. With the help of a small screwdriver I pushed it in, it clicked to position and after inserting the battery, miracle of miracles the screen worked. Probably the tiny button hidden under the card is the screen sensor. So if everything else fails, check if the button is in place. It might work.

nejbr
22-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks so much mate! I am travelling and the touchscreen fault really couldn't have hit me at a worst time. I tried the little black button and it worked! Not the first time but then I tried pushing it deeper and moved it around a little bit and now it's working again! Awesome!
Thanks again!

santi_g
17-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I dont know if it's a bit late but I want to return the favor to everyone who has had this problem.
This is how I fixed my touchscreen. You can do it yourself. If you dont have the heart to, have someone else with more experience do it for you.

VISIT this Site:

CLICK HERE! (http://foolcontrol.org/?p=567)

mrbean
20-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Useful site saved me aggro, phone is working again 4 days before I would have received a wiped, repaired one.

The black button under the SIM looks to be a battery detect switch. It possibly has to be in just the right position, thus checking the battery is both there, and probably the right one.

http://rapidshare.com/files/91814812/W960_CSPN.rar Now there's a useful link. ALL the 960 info you could want. With that and a stock of parts, you could set up a bit changing shop. It's just the lack of test software and equipment to do the testing that will make it a back street business.