View Full Version : Which earbuds for my E51??

ziffos
08-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Can anyone suggest/recommend a good pair of 2.5mm earbuds or earphones for my E51 please?
I do NOT like using 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters :icon13:
Model numbers and supplier would be much appreciated.

bartmanekul
08-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Just so happens I bought some recently, I dont like adaptors either.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UE28CE

Slightly pricey, but then all 2.5mm headphones are. In fact these are about 5 more than the same version in 3.5mm.

Comes with adaptors, in case you have smaller or larger ears than normal.

Have found them to be very good.

ziffos
08-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Just so happens I bought some recently, I dont like adaptors either.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UE28CE

Slightly pricey, but then all 2.5mm headphones are. In fact these are about 5 more than the same version in 3.5mm.

Comes with adaptors, in case you have smaller or larger ears than normal.

Have found them to be very good.

Thanks bartmanekul - I have already seen these but was unsure whether I fancied the "asymetrical" cord - are they comfortable with this type of cord or do they want to fall to one side like many others that are "lop sided"? :con?

bartmanekul
08-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Really depends how you use them. But even though I use them when exercising (thus hanging in a straight line), they dont seem to pull to one side.

Tumbleweed
08-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks bartmanekul - I have already seen these but was unsure whether I fancied the "asymetrical" cord - are they comfortable with this type of cord or do they want to fall to one side like many others that are "lop sided"? :con?

Sincere apologies if this is obvious, but you do know that the longer lead is mean to go behind your head? In which case there is no issue(Or I have never noticed one) with them falling out?

ziffos
10-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks Guys, CX300's now ordered from Amazon.

greenlikeapples
15-04-2008, 12:50 PM
You can of course get a little adaptor for about £2 to use good 3.5mm headphones with... Check out amazon and ebay but watch for the ones people say are tempremental...

ziffos
16-04-2008, 09:59 AM
You can of course get a little adaptor for about 2 to use good 3.5mm headphones with... Check out amazon and ebay but watch for the ones people say are tempremental...

Thanks greenlikeapples but as I said in my openning question - I do not like adaptors! :icon13:

bartmanekul
16-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Have you got them yet, let us know what you think of them.

Nyxmorph
16-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I tried those amazon ones, had to send them back, always fell out my ears :(

ziffos
17-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Have you got them yet, let us know what you think of them.

Arrived yesterday - put them through their "paces" last night and :-

Sound quality - excellent.
Ear fit - excellent.
Build quality - excellent.

DISLIKES:-

Do not like the asymetrical cable (I still prefer central/equal cables).
Definately do NOT like the right angle connecter (would have preferred a straight connecter).
Do not like the fact that they are about 5 GBP dearer than their 3.5mm "brothers".

Overall - I would recommend these 2.5mm CX300's to anyone providing they are willing to "put up" with the above dislikes.

Thanks bartmanekul for the original recommendation.