View Full Version : Web Access on N82

jagjitg
19-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I have been able to get MMS & E-mail settings to work on my new Nokia N82, however, the browser has an unusual issue. I have set up the APN as per Vodafone & Nokia's recommendations, if i now click on Web, i get a blank page with a scroll bar top lhs & 0kb top rhs of screen, so it seems like its unable to launch into any default home page i have set it to.
If i select a bookmark, i am able to browse to that with no issues, its just the initial launch. This is very frustrating as it should work straight away. The version of software on my phone is : V10.0.046, i know there is a newer version out but the europe & UK sites only let me download the version i already have.

Please help if possible ?

nj7
19-03-2008, 05:13 PM
You already set the home page on Browser - Option - Navigation Options - Home page?

jagjitg
19-03-2008, 05:33 PM
If I go to Web - Options - Navigation Options - Homepage, it actually goes to the Nokia Homepage, however, When i select just Web, & select which APN to use, it should take me to the homepage set in the APN.

kevinx
12-04-2008, 12:34 AM
I have been able to get MMS & E-mail settings to work on my new Nokia N82, however, the browser has an unusual issue. I have set up the APN as per Vodafone & Nokia's recommendations, if i now click on Web, i get a blank page with a scroll bar top lhs & 0kb top rhs of screen, so it seems like its unable to launch into any default home page i have set it to.
If i select a bookmark, i am able to browse to that with no issues, its just the initial launch. This is very frustrating as it should work straight away. The version of software on my phone is : V10.0.046, i know there is a newer version out but the europe & UK sites only let me download the version i already have.

Please help if possible ?

Jag.

Did you ever get this sorted??

I too am with Vodagroan, and am unable to access Voda Live, or any of the other Voda pages. Works 100% on ALL other web sites, but not Voda.
I "put it down to" the fact that it isn't preloaded with the networks "butchering", as I bought the phone new unbranded/not network tied.

Cheers

kevinx
12-04-2008, 12:41 AM

Ratkat
12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
it has nothing to do with not having vodafone firmware.
Because vodafone don't sell the N82 the vodafone live server doesn't recognise the phone and only serves up a basic text version of the page.
If past history is anything to go by unless they start selling it directly this will remain the case.

kevinx
12-04-2008, 11:22 AM
it has nothing to do with not having vodafone firmware.
Because vodafone don't sell the N82 the vodafone live server doesn't recognise the phone and only serves up a basic text version of the page.
If past history is anything to go by unless they start selling it directly this will remain the case.

Then surely it MUST have "something to do with Vodafone firmware".

"Because Vodafoen don't sell.... only serves up a basic text version...."

:rolleyes:

Ratkat
12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
No as I said it has nothing to do with the firmware, it is all about the web server for the Vodafone live portal.

When you visit the Vodafone Live web portal, your N82's web browser identifies itself as an N82, If Vodafone sold the N82 then the Vodafone live web server would be coded to recognise the N82, regardless of whether it was Vodafone branded or sim free.

Take for example the N95, if you bought a sim free unbranded handset it will still display the Vodafone Live web portal perfectly even though it doesn't have a vodafone firmware.

But because the N82 is not sold by vodafone they haven't coded the Live portal to recognise it, hence as a unrecognised browser so it can only display a simple text based page, this will remain the case until if ever vodafone decide to sell the N82 directly. (if they do you will then be able to display the vodafone live portal on your sim free handset too)