View Full Version : Broken w950i - Backing up contacts....??? please help!

steve75
15-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi, a little while ago my w950 got crushed, breaking the screen. Unfortunately all the contacts were on the phone not the sim and as the screen is no longer useable i'm stuffed..... I did manage to get the phone hooked up to the computer and created a back-up of all the phones content incl contacts by using the software.

Now, for a brief time i had a w960 but decided to sell it, i tried to transfer the backed up file to the w960 but it said the file wasn't compatible..... Kind of makes the back up feature useless doesn't it?? Anyway, now i have an N95 coming so obviously the file isn't going to be compatible there either - but is there anyway to open this file, maybe on my computer so i can at least get the contact info???

Anyway, if anyone tell me a way to open this file and get the info out of it i'd much apprecite it.........

Steve

Scrapps
16-03-2008, 11:56 AM
I've got the same problem, except I'm one stage behind. I can't even change from fast file transfer mode to normal mode to create a backup, because I can't see the screen to know where to tap. I can't even find a screen shot of the connection mode select screen. Boo.

I also will then need to know how to extract the data from the backup file. Someone please help!!!

Scrapps

loaferoatan
17-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I spent all day trying to get my contacts from my w950i to my W960i and the only way I could was using the "SYNCHRONIZE" green button with the software. I first plugged in the W950i and then hit the snyc button when I plugged in the w960i. There were a few errors (60 out of 350), but still better than having to manually enter them in again.

PS My w950i touch screen was broken (could still see the LCD clearly, but touch didn't work) and I found one on Ebay for $5.00 from Hong Kong and it works great! Better than sending it to Sony for $200 eBay item# 370033520240

simonmc7
07-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Scrapps, did you get anywhere with this one? I'm in exactly the same situation and cant get the pissing phone into normal transfer mode. It automatically goes straight into fast transfer mode. If I used a USB1.1 port do you think it could only do normal transfer?

Of course if anyone could provide a screeny of the phone when u connect the USB connection for help with getting into normal transfer mode that would be awesome.

Simon

karlisi
14-01-2011, 09:29 AM
It is possible to get contacts. Through bluetooth...