View Full Version : Trying to use Palringo IM on W960i

zubo
03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi

I have finally managed to get a version which is compatable with W960i but when I login it passes the login info ok but then tries to connect to Palringo, fails and keeps retrying.

Pal TS can only offer this:

You should not have to change the default settings but may have to add an access point to the list of preconfigured ones. Here on Vodafone in the UK most phones come with a few access points named something like Vodafone Internet GPRS, Vodafone live!, etc.. Palringo will only connect using the Vodafone Internet GPRS as this connection does not use proxies which block certain types of traffic. If you have several different connections available already try using these with Palringo. If there arenít any already available then Vodafone can usually send you the additional configuration over the air if you contact them.

Just wasted 20 mins waiting to talk to Vodafone Connections team - anyone know how I can complain to this bunch of useless idiots???

More importantly, can someone walk me thru setting up the correct access point using no proxies???

thanks very much

Z

techgirl
04-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi Zubo,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems using Palringo IM, I can understand how frustrating this must be.

I would like to apologise for the service you received from our customer care department. As Palringo isn't a service that we support it is likely that we didn't have relevant information to help you to resolve the problem.

After reading your post it's clear that you need to manually configure your handset with the Internet settings, i have posted these settings below.

Setting up Internet
1. Tap menu
2. Click tools (icon in the bottom right hand side of the screen)
3. Select control panel
4. Select connections
5. Select internet accounts
6. Click more
7. Select new account and data
8. In account name enter Vodafone internet
9. In address enter
for Contract Customers: internet
for Pay as You Talk Customers: pp.vodafone.co.uk
10. Tick the box for username and password required
11. In username enter web
12. In password enter web
13. Click save
14. Click yes
15. Select Vodafone internet
16. Click save
17. Click tab for groups
18. Select Vodafone internet
19. Tick box next to Vodafone internet
20. Click save

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Techgirl
Vodafone UK

zubo
04-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Techgirl

Brilliant, sorry about the rant, maybe I had someone on an off day.

Need more folk like you...

Perfect instructions.

Thanks again.

Z

:)