View Full Version : some questions about E51

NilsG
26-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi

I recently got my E51 and I'm very pleased with it. However, there are two things I'm not able to set up as I would like:

- I would like to disable the sound when I turn on the phone (nokia tune)
- When I allow remote locking, the phone asks for the lock code every time the phone is switched on. As it also asks for the PIN from the SIM card, this is annoying. I would like the phone to ask for the PIN when switched on, and ask for the lock code when a new unrecognised SIM card is inserted or the phone is remotely locked using the remote lock message. I don't see any need for asking the lock code every time.

As I fly a lot for my work, I have to switch my phone off and back on quite a lot, so it irritates me that I seem to be unable to set this up as I would like it.

Anybody has any tips?

Jay3gsm
26-02-2008, 05:04 PM
For the start up sound, just turn the warning tones off in the profiles. That will work on any profile setting you are using.

NilsG
26-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks Jay, that worked for me.

Just wondering what other sounds I lost by turning off the warning tones?
I noticed the camera sound is still there, any way to turn this off?

ziffos
12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
When in the airport and about to board the plane just press the on/off button and you will see a list. On that list just choose "Offline". This allows the phone to be used purely as a "walkman" music player.

fyrestrtr
15-03-2008, 06:56 AM
You can also press the red 'end' key at the hands animation to skip the sound and the animation itself and take you directly to the standby screen.

Sajmondk
06-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I hope it is not considered bad form to revive old threads; but as I searched (here and elsewhere) it seemed the only one describing this situation...: - When I allow remote locking, the phone asks for the lock code every time the phone is switched on. My new 6220c does this too, and I don't find it acceptable to enter the lock code every time.. Does anyone know of a way to prevent that?
Thank you...

mrochester
08-01-2009, 07:15 PM
There's no way to stop this. It's just the way it is.

Sizzers
10-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Well if it irritates you that much why switch your phone off in the first place? You can set all the profiles you need plus Offline mode and can never see the need to switch mine off.