View Full Version : N82 E-mail Notifications & E-mail Retrieval

mr g
18-02-2008, 01:47 PM
In messages>options>settings>E-MAIL>mailboxes>your mailbox>automatic retrieval

There are 2 settings

E-mail notifications & E-mail retrieval

I usually have e-mail retrieval enabled but i tried notifications today with the auto update option.i though it would auto update my mailbox on my phone when i get an e-mail to me o2 account but it didn't.

There isn't no proper info for what this is meant to do as can anyone enlighten me please?

Tezler
18-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Not 100% on this but I think it's quite simple.

Email notification is just to be notified you have a new email, exactly how you get notified "beep" when a text message comes in.

Email retrieval is if you need to get your email regularly then you can set up the phone to pick up messages at regular intervals. Other wise pick up manually.

Maybe someone else can confirm?

mr g
18-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Not 100% on this but I think it's quite simple.

Email notification is just to be notified you have a new email, exactly how you get notified "beep" when a text message comes in.

Email retrieval is if you need to get your email regularly then you can set up the phone to pick up messages at regular intervals. Other wise pick up manually.

Maybe someone else can confirm?

I use the retrieval all the time but i thought i'd try the notification a go and thought that it would do as you said but it didn't :con?