View Full Version : How to download .rar files using N95?

Ron_Hyatt
02-02-2008, 04:15 AM
Hello everyone,

I use my N95 classic default browser to download .zip files with no problem but when i try to download .rar files.....i get "not supported" message!

I tried Mobile Rar java app but it doesnt integrate into the browser so i still get "not supported" message:frown:

any suggestions?(it would be nice if i could just download any file type .zip,.rar..wmv...etc through my phone over wifi) :)

thanks in advance,
Ron.

waxup
02-02-2008, 04:40 AM
The only way to do this is to use either symtorrent or opera mobile (not opera mini which is free).

Ron_Hyatt
02-02-2008, 07:16 AM
thanks but i tried the full version of opera mobile and had a very strange result....i was trying to download a 12 mb .rar file from rapidshare thru wifi and it read(downloading 11 of 11 kb !!)....i checked the same rapidshare link from my pc and it downloaded the whole file(12 mb) properly!!

i am sure my wifi connection is ok as i can download large .zip files thru my default browser on my N95 but cant do that with .rar files with opera mobile:con?

EDIT: the same thing is happening with .wmv files on opera mobile(downloaded files doesnt exceed 11kb irrespective of thier original size!!!)

any ideas?

Ron.