View Full Version : N81 and ringtones: strange bug?

thegios
20-01-2008, 06:56 PM
As all of you may know there are two places where you can change the ringtone, and in both cases I have an issue:

1. Tools > Settings > General > Personalisation > Tones

When I click on "Ringing tone" only two options are available: "Download sounds" and "Off". I believe this is not normal...

2. Tools > Profiles > General > Personalise

When I click on "Ringing tone" all the music on my phone (I have the 8GB version) is listed, both the personal mp3s on the external memory and the aac tones in the rom (the ones found in the "z:" drive under the "z:/system/sounds/digital" path. It means I need to scroll through hundreds of songs to find the one I am looking for, which is usually an aac file in the above path.

Thanks

thegios
21-01-2008, 10:24 AM
It would be enough if someone could at least try the same options and let me know if you get the same, especially for option 1.

Thanks

zippiracer
21-01-2008, 11:01 AM
i dont know about ring tomes but i have downloaded few theme from zedge.net

freepeacesweet
31-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes mine does the same. I found it easier to create a folder on the phone put the ringtones in there and browse in gallery and set as ringtone

freepeacesweet
01-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Actually just took another look at mine scrolling backward goes through the aac tracks first.

thegios
01-02-2008, 07:12 AM
i Found the 1st problem 2 b a bug when having 2 many songs the list of tones in general settings is empty. Could fix with firmware update but this will introduce a couple of new ones which r more annoying

clevinger
17-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I use my music tracks as my ringtone rather than any set tones.

I can set these as ringtones in the music player, I pick the song I want and can set it as via the options menu for the track.

Tones for other alerts is a pain since there is only the option of scrolling through everything to find it.

John the Monkey
11-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Having the same problem here, but on an N82.

It also seems to affect the contact ringtones - the only option being "Default" or "Download Tones". Also had the same problem as the op where custom ringtones are only selectable from the music library in the "Personalise" option for individual profiles.

I thought initially it was provider specific (my 'phone is on Orange).