View Full Version : 6120 Classic does not recognize phone numbers that stored in addressbook

yulidarmawan
18-01-2008, 06:00 AM
HI all,

My Nokia 6120 classic is not recognizing few phone numbers which has been store to address book. I tried to delete the address book and create new address book for that numbers.
Yet, my 6120 classic still not showing the names when i receive incoming call or incoming sms.

This problem happened after i tried to call the number, and the number is trying to call me at the same time.

Please advise what should i do to fix this?

Thanks
yd

doniking
18-01-2008, 08:01 AM
This is nokia 6120 bug.
many other people have the same problem with you.
You are not alone.

yulidarmawan
18-01-2008, 08:42 AM
This is nokia 6120 bug.
many other people have the same problem with you.
You are not alone.

If i restore factory setting would fix this problem?

this problem is annoying, cause the phone numbers that are not recognized are those of my family.

bartmanekul
18-01-2008, 09:01 AM
2 possible things you can try.

First is change the number. I used to get numbers coming through as +4475353.... instead of 075353.... i.e. its using the country code (dispite being in the same country).

So get a person whos number isnt coming up to ring you, hang up and then use that call through the call log to update their entry in the phone book.

Second thing is that there are often duplications in the phone book. Especially from where you have copied it over from previous phones, memory cards etc. If theres 2 contacts with the same number, then I dont think it displays either.

So check the phone memory, and the sim memory for dupes.

yulidarmawan
18-01-2008, 10:07 AM
2 possible things you can try.

First is change the number. I used to get numbers coming through as +4475353.... instead of 075353.... i.e. its using the country code (dispite being in the same country).

So get a person whos number isnt coming up to ring you, hang up and then use that call through the call log to update their entry in the phone book.

Second thing is that there are often duplications in the phone book. Especially from where you have copied it over from previous phones, memory cards etc. If theres 2 contacts with the same number, then I dont think it displays either.

So check the phone memory, and the sim memory for dupes.

Hi Bart,

I did try to do what you've suggested. Check for duplications, add country code/ remove country code, use the call log to update the entry in the phone book. Really frustrating. Do you think if i restore the factory settings will fix this?

Thanks
yd

bartmanekul
18-01-2008, 10:15 AM
And neither worked? Thats a pain. Not sure about the factory settings, its possible.

Id be tempted to look for a firmware update, but of course backup everything and make sure you have copies of the apps you installed.

doniking
18-01-2008, 12:50 PM
@yulidarmawan : do you store your number entries on both sim and phone memory? maybe if you have duplicate entries then phone get confused to display a name.

tncc01
24-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I had this problem with one of my contacts after I first got the phone. I also tried some of the suggestions offered in the other posts without success. What worked for me was just deleting that contact and re-entering a new contact with their information. Haven't had any problems since.