View Full Version : W960i and Blackberry connect?

montyd
07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi

i have a generic World version of this handset and tried installing Blackberry Connect on the phone this weekend.

the manual and the website both claim this handset can support all push email clients including BBconnect.

However, the Sony software download page for teh handset does not have BBconnect, and so i had to get the P1i version to try.

I tried many many times, but it did not work.

i actually have BBconnect on my P990i and it installed first time and has worked great for over a year, so i am a bit non-plussed.

may i ask if anyone here has BBConnect running on the W960i? and if so, how you did it!

I have emailed SE today, so will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for any feedback

Dan

metoo
12-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi,

Anyone that had any luck getting SE W960i working with Black Berry Connect ?

According to SE support they say "no it's not supported".
But according to others W960i is just a Pi1 without the keyboard so it should work.

But i would like to know if anyone got it working.

Thanks.

montyd
12-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Anyone that had any luck getting SE W960i working with Black Berry Connect ?

According to SE support they say "no it's not supported".

is that what SE said?

On their sales website it lists BB as one of the push email clients that it is does work with.
If that's true thats very very naughty indeed.

I really need it to work!

metoo
13-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I know that on the SE website it does say it works with common push email clients like bb connect and they mention others.
But if you look for downloadable software for this phone it's not there. But on downloadable software for Eg. P1i you have bb connect.

But even if SE support says it is not supported it does not mean it should not work, they just have not tested it and therefor can not test it. Or it just does not work for some reason.

Have you tried to get bb connect to work on your W960i ?
Is it possible to install the client sofwtare at all ?

I don't have a W960i myself so i have not been able to try, i have been waiting for someone to get it to work otherwise i will buy a
P1i instead.

montyd
13-01-2008, 06:57 PM
hi

it will install to an extent, but will not run.

I note that the SE site has been severely modified now and the W960i only lists Active Sync.

thats very naughty of SE.

but sadly not the first time they've pulled that one.

rosboy
25-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I've had the same problem. Got the below message from Sony Ericsson. Tried to install the latest software, but it was no use.

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, we have not released any BlackBerry software for the Sony Ericsson W960i. We have had reports that on some occasions the P1i BlackBerry client installs and works on the W960i handsets. However, we will not be able to support you on this, as it has not been released specifically for the W960i.

I would suggest, you try the new client 4.82, incase you have any success with this version:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/253/222/1203583244/BlackBerry_Connect_Client_Software_4_82.SIS

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again for further help and support.

bmunshi
13-03-2008, 08:16 AM
I have tried installing this new BBConnect software, but it keeps on flashing
'connecting' and nothing happens, at the end i have to restart my phone.

mhdot
19-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi,

had also these Problems. Anyone solved this Problem? I need the BlackBerry Connect!
Thanks!