View Full Version : New 6120, SIM card registration failed

microsound
29-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi all!

I have purchased a brand new NOKIA 6120 modell, after unpack it and insert my SIM card i get "SIM card registration failed" message. I tried to use an other SIM card from a different service provider, thats works fine. I was thinking my SIM has a problem, so I insert to my old Motorola and there works good.
So looks like doesnt work only with this provider or something else, anyone faced with a similar problem? (However the mobile is brand new and not locked to any provider, must work with every network)

Steve_R
29-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I had a prolem like this on my old E61, and it was the fact that the SIM card wasnt seated quite correctly. Check, and double check that you have your sim inserted properly, and try adjusting it to make sure it is true.

If that fails, try adding a small bit of paper to the back of the SIM to make sure it's not slightly lose in the housing.

microsound
29-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Thank you for the quick reply, I removed my SIM insert again maybe 5 times, I added a peace of paper too, but the same problem. I tried with my wife's SIM thats from an other provider and allways works with that. But my SIM must be good too, becouse I insert it to an other 2 mobiles and works with those.

accoman
20-03-2008, 10:24 PM
This is not necessarily a SIM issue but more to do with your SIM pin number being set to ON. If you put your SIM into the original phone and go to the options for security and turn PIN OFF then you will be able to insert the SIM into your new phone and the message will not appear. You will then be able to turn the SIM pin security back ON for your new phone. Hope that helps...