View Full Version : Contacts with2many fields after synchronisation

ivansergei
24-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Hi there,
Im using Outlook 2000/Win XP for synchronisation with my 7650.
After Ive made that(carefully selecting "only work details"),in my 7650 a contact has at least 20 fields,empty,with all kind of possible unwanted details.
Can I made a synchronisation just for the basic details like ph,mobile,fax,email and thats all.
Any help appreciated.
Ivan

24-01-2003, 08:27 PM
HI!..

I use LOTUS 123 to Sync de Contacts.. and i get the same
problem...

BUT!.. i discovered something...

I see many details fields only if i want to EDIT some
contact data... so that donīt worry me too much...

And guess what... i discovered that if you delete on any contact
any field detail... the memory used by contacts that will show MANAGE App will be increased! by some kilo bytes :o arround 5kb to 10kb.

So... my theory is that there are some kind of data compression for all contacts fields... and if all contacts have the same fields used (with or without data on it), the compression will work better. Thatīs why if you delete some detail fields from some contacts that data have to be saved because itīs different to the others, and the memory used will be increased.

Of course this is just a theory, but is my only way to understand why the sync funtion always save all the fields with or without data on the phone

One day i began to delete all not used field details from each contact.. one by one on the phone.. but then i saw on the memory manage used by contact arround 100kb. increased.

So i make a sync with the PC again and again i release that 100kb. because now all contacts use the same amount of field details...

This is RARE! :D

But try to do this and check by your self... may be someone in the future will explain this better.. by now i use my theory

:halfrobot:

any ideas?

cya!

Alejandro

PD: We are entering on The Twightlight Zone :microwave:

tiger42
25-01-2003, 03:52 PM
It's very simple: EVERYTHING you do with your contacts takes some memory. That means adding, changing and even deleting them! If you delete a contact, it is getting only marked for deletion but not deleted physically, I think. Everytime the memory used by your contacts reaches a specific level (it's around 280kb on my phone). The contact database is beeing compressed. The used space falls back to around 150kb on my phone then.
Btw this behaviour can also be found with the calendar and the todo-list...

mrkin
26-01-2003, 08:03 PM
same thing happened to me when I sync.
I had also other problems with syncronisation.
I am using outlook xp. I am having problems with some fields in contacts. for example: if I enter mobile(home) number in my nokia it doesn't syncronise with outlook because there is no such field there. I lost a lot of phone numbers because of missing sync. fields with outlook.
any idea how to solve this? :x

Bob
27-01-2003, 01:36 PM
when I upgraded PC Suite (from v1.0 -> v1.1), I not only got the problem that some details are not synchronised (addresses for some contacts), but I got all my contacts twice in Outlook and even some that I had deleted a while before came back.

Very strange, but after a quick run through with the delete key in the Contacts folder in Outlook all was restored.

I think the problems you may be encountering are PC Suite related as most of mine have been.

Good luck in sorting them out.

Bob
:D