View Full Version : New Directory of Mobile Sites

DesertGirl
29-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi!

Just wanted to introduce myself and announce that I've been working on this side project with some techies from Cambridge Univ. It is a directory of mobile sites- sites that have been designed specifically for the small screen of a mobile phone. IMHO this is one of the most comprehensive directories out there ;-) You can access it directly on your mobile phone or PC by punching in this url: m.milkmore.com (http://m.milkmore.com). I'd really like to know what you guys think and of course if you have any sites to add to the list just let me know!

Many thanks!
Sarit

DesertGirl
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi Devils.Master!

Thanks for saying hi, I hope I didn't offend people by posting a link. It's just this is what I do, it's part of me, so I thought it was fitting in the introduction.
Anyway, hi back!

Brr...it's cold here in NY!

cirrus
19-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Just tried your site and I'm getting a "error on line 1 at column 614: xmlParseEntityRef: no name" error message. :-(

Still, the idea sounds good. I'm curious though, how do you compile the directory? Is it just user submissions or do you crawl for sites too?
If so, what do you consider a mobile site? Only WAP pages or also some XHTML pages (with Basic or Mobile profiles)? I'm just curious, because I'm thinking of making some of my own web-pages mobile friendly.

Btw, I'm new here too! I don't think starting with a link is a bad thing if it's relevant to the forum like yours.

DesertGirl
20-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Hi Cirrus,

We've been having server issues so that's why you get these errors. It's just temporary and we are already working on a long term solution. I would say that what makes a good wap/mobile site is:

1. Keep it simple
2. Keep it light, no heavy pics etc.
3. Provide only essential content
4. Test your site on different handsets, not just the fancy ones
5. Run it by ready.mobi
6. Submit it to MilkMore (http://m.milkmore.com) !
7. Do not try to automatically transform your website to a mobile site...through these squeeze programs.

Hope this helps!

NiyaL
21-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I am new here , too. Hope you can enjoy your stay here ^^

cirrus
21-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the tips DesertGirl. ready.mobi looks especially useful - I've added it to my bookmarks! :D

lilies34
07-01-2008, 03:43 AM
hi guys! i'm new here too! just looking around for interesting threads.. heheheh...