View Full Version : Very bad camera on N95 8GB

predicaments
29-11-2007, 12:38 AM
After using my Nokia N73 for a year and being massively impressed by the photos I am appalled at how awful my N95 8GB shots are and wonder if anyone else has had the same problems as me. The main dilemma seems to be in the sharpness and focussing of the N95 8GB camera - it just doesn't produce as sharp images as my old N73 which I find baffling.

After comparing shots over a period of a few weeks with my N95 8GB and shots taken with my N73 there's no comparison - the N73 trounces the N95 8GB completely. This is awful!

Has anyone else had the same problems?

hansihansi
29-11-2007, 01:57 AM
U have a faulty camera part in your n 95:cool:

I've had same prb. and after sending it 3 times to nokia, i got a new phone

(if u cant get a green ok in the box when u press it half down, u got the same prb. i coudent get a green box more than 1 meter away ??)

Hope it helps :icon14:

Take care :tongue:

predicaments
29-11-2007, 03:29 AM

(if u cant get a green ok in the box when u press it half down, u got the same prb. i coudent get a green box more than 1 meter away ??)

what do you mean a green ok?? you mean a green cross hair box? i get that?

erehman
29-11-2007, 04:43 AM
May be its because N73 has 3.2MP camera, the smaller resolution works good in average light conditions. When I use N95 with camera ste to 5MP, then its always very difficult to get its respective resolution and I am always disappointed. Even in macro mode, 5MP is not impressive. But having sat its camera to 3MP, I get very fine pics in all modes. This doesn't mean at all that 3MP is superior to 5MP, but what I mean is that the conditions to take high resolution pics with 5MP setting are always very difficult.

nudda
29-11-2007, 10:22 AM
my n95-1 kicks a$$ when it comes to the camera.
check for particles, dust etc on your lens. It could be focusing on that, giving u poor pictures.

just a thought ! Dont bite me head off :tongue:

D4n958GB
29-11-2007, 02:04 PM
what do you mean a green ok?? you mean a green cross hair box? i get that?

Yes thats the one; press the button, not all the way down for a few seconds and the cross hair should go green. The press right down to take photo.

I have to say the picture quality is good, nothing near my SLR, but good enough for those cheeky pictures, when your on a night out.

thecapricorn
29-11-2007, 06:53 PM
For the First time I tried to take Pictures from N958gb, the Pictures turned out if they were taken from a 2MP camera so after being disappointed and scratching my head for a while I went to camera reolution settings and the Camera was set to 3MP by default so I set it to 5mp; and then I went back to picture mode and took some pictures but still not very impressed, so I decided to play around with light and color settings and guess what! they really made differences, and now every picture I take turns out amazing. You have to play around with settings according to the environment you're taking picture into, and when taking pictures it's always best to hold the camera steady and wait for couple seconds to allow the Camera to adjust within the environment and tell your friends not to move around much to avoid blur.

D4n958GB
29-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Can you post what settings you used for different conditions.

Liam548
14-12-2007, 12:43 PM

are you saying some handsets dont have the green focus box at all?

3Shirts
14-12-2007, 12:59 PM
are you saying some handsets dont have the green focus box at all?

They have the box but it is always red meaning the phone is not able to focus.