View Full Version : Leaving England for a few months, and blogging my journey with N95

FaZyCrUcK
27-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Hey everyone

Me and a mate have decided to take a break from England for a few months, Starting in Tenerife and hopefully travelling some of Europe.

I'm taking my N95 with me, to hopefully blog the experience using Vox (I'll share my link here if anyone is interested)

So, for my trip, I have:

N95 (v20 firmware)
Spare BL-5F Battery - I considered a BL-6F but in the end decided against it
8GB Card
Nokia bluetooth keyboard
D2D Clear Waterproof pouch case (for those pool-shots)
Nokia Tripod
See anything I might need that isn't listed?

I'm just wondering what apps are best for the following services:

Google mail (Maybe Emoze?)
Skype (I'm thinking Fring)

And any other apps I might need on my travels?

Cheers all

Andy

seki
27-11-2007, 07:05 AM
might be worth a look ..

Look forward to reading - watching your "Epic Adventures of Fazy Cruck!"

:)

kontraband
27-11-2007, 08:07 AM
you could get the app to upload straight to vox..

Steve_R
27-11-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm sure there is a currency convertor app somewhere. A must-have if you are travelling IMO.

If not, what about the calcium calulator instead?

Oh, and an update to firmware v20 is a must ;)

3Shirts
27-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Also, for Gmail just get the gmail app by pointing your phone to www.gmail.com/app

Do be careful though, data charges will crucify you abroad so stick to wireless hotspots.

Steve_R
27-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Do be careful though, data charges will crucify you abroad so stick to wireless hotspots.

Ahh, very good point, because of this I would recommend getting Opera Mini. It can load a webpage in roughly 10kb, what the built in browser does in 100kb ;)

riverboat
27-11-2007, 11:05 AM
My suggestion is Shozu, for uploading straight to vox/youtube/flickr etc

chrsfrwll
27-11-2007, 11:36 AM
The external Lithium Ion battery pack / mobile charger from Proporta. Provides up to three charges of your N95 and can itself be recharged via mains/car or computer. (also has the benefit of being able to charge other things, like iPods etc)

kontraband
27-11-2007, 12:38 PM
The external Lithium Ion battery pack / mobile charger from Proporta. Provides up to three charges of your N95 and can itself be recharged via mains/car or computer. (also has the benefit of being able to charge other things, like iPods etc)

I was just about to add 'some sort of flexible recharging method' but the above comment says it better. :icon14:

FaZyCrUcK
28-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Hey again, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who gave some input on this post, it's much appreciated.

So it looks like I'm going to go for a Proporta mobile USB charger. Coupled with 2 fully charged BL-5F's, and the new power-saving firmware, I should get a good 4-5 days without needing to charge, which would be imensely handy.

Also, I have just replaced my LCD which was scratched, now it's looking perfect again!

While the case was open, I fixed the wobbly slider issue, and also cut the track to the annoying red 'privacy light' on the video camera, both without problems.

Tested out my waterproof case, which I now know works fine in the bath (Not sure how deep I'ts safe to it though)

I think, for now, that covers everything

Thanks again everyone

Andy

iball
28-11-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm sure there is a currency convertor app somewhere. A must-have if you are travelling IMO.

If not, what about the calcium calulator instead?

Oh, and an update to firmware v20 is a must ;)

Currency converters are for poor people. Since he's going to the Canary Islands in winter, he's probably poor since that's the cheapest place to go during the winter. ;-)

(NOTE: I vacationed on Fuertaventura every Christmas for years...)

Be sure to stop over in Frankfurt, GE for a night on a weekend and hit Sachsenhausen to go drinking at O'Dwyer's, Klapper 33, Appel Galerie, etc.

FaZyCrUcK
28-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Currency converters are for poor people. Since he's going to the Canary Islands in winter, he's probably poor since that's the cheapest place to go during the winter. ;-)

(NOTE: I vacationed on Fuertaventura every Christmas for years...)

Be sure to stop over in Frankfurt, GE for a night on a weekend and hit Sachsenhausen to go drinking at O'Dwyer's, Klapper 33, Appel Galerie, etc.

A wise observation, I am, indeed, poor :p

anurok
28-11-2007, 06:32 PM
I really do hope you enjoy yourself on this trip :icon14:

Everything these guys has suggested is what you will need so not going to repeat anything.

I will prolly check out your blog from time to time since I will be doing the same thing as you in about a year but to Japan instead!

Good luck on your adventure!