View Full Version : Put new firmware on,added map but its not there?

BanziBarn
26-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi all.

I've just tried to add the England map using the map loader but the phone does not show it.

When i zoom in on England it's just blank. I've tried loading via usb and a card reader. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

BanziBarn
27-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Seems I'm not the only person with this problem

http://discussions.nokia.com.au/discussions/board/message?board.id=navigation&message.id=522 :con?

I had a thought - has the folder structure of where the maps are stored changed with the update? I'm wondering if for what ever reason the map loader is putting the maps in the wrong place. Maybe I need to format my memory card, open Nokia maps to recreate the folder structure and then download the map again. Does this sound like it could be a answer or am I talking rubbish!? (strong possibility!).

ziggyball
27-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I had this last night and fixed it by:

1) Deleting everything in the private directory on my SD card. Then reloading the maps (still wasn't working at this point)

2) Re-started the phone

Now it works :)

Presumably only step 2 is needed...

BanziBarn
27-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Ok, I'll try that, thanks :)

dave6195
27-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I had this last night and fixed it by:

1) Deleting everything in the private directory on my SD card. Then reloading the maps (still wasn't working at this point)

2) Re-started the phone

Now it works :)

Presumably only step 2 is needed...

Dude your my hero, tried everything to get it working again and that fixed it...

Thanks

BanziBarn
27-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Still didn't work for me.

However, getting the new version of map loader and reinstalling Nokia maps did the trick! :)