26-11-2007, 02:27 PM
hie guys read about the arrival of the new firmware and would want to get it but av got a problem becausd i dont remember how i downloaded the previous firmware. Its like my n95 was running on orange uk so i remember changing the product code and getin the v12 firmware but i did it on my laptop and my wife took it away on holiday. So can someone please point me towards the thread that contains the simple steps to get the new firmware the entire proces please including the part on the product code thanx a lot guys looking forward
26-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Info from various threads:
You also need 3 bits of software installed:
1. PC Suite - to back things up/restore them .. eg address books etc .. this also importantly installs drivers .. best to get the latest version from the Nokia Site.
http://europe.nokia.com/A4144905 (25Mb) - also make sure you sync your calendar as this is NOT backed up by the software.
2. The NSS - Nemesis Service Suite .. to change your product code to say Euro 1
I did a youtube thing for this part .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN9eRlddfH0 - I found reading through the info below easier than the youtube bit.
3. The NSU - Nokia Software Updater .. Stand alone software
(22.7Mb) - Just connect the phone to your PC/laptop and run the software following the on screen instructions.
Originally Posted by bradfordlad
for someone who has never done that before or knows what NSS is how easy is it to do?
Don't worry, it's quite painless. :-)
- Connect your phone to your PC (in PC Suite Mode), but make sure PC Suite (if installed) is closed. Run NSS, and click the button in the top right corner [the magnifying glass]
- Click the button marked [Phone Info] - it has an image of a Nokia 6600
- Click the button marked [Read]; your product code will appear.
- Click the check box marked [Enabled] and then put your new product code into the box, overwriting the original code.
- Click the box marked [Write]
- Click the box marked [Read] again, just to make sure your new code has been written.
If all goes well, exit the program then run Nokia Software Update. You should now be able to update your phone.
When you're done, you can do the NSS process again, this time putting your original code back in.
Hope this is what you needed.
Just go to Nokia Site, and download Nokia Software Update software. After that, just install it, and follow the "next" - "next" process, since you already change the product code.
26-11-2007, 05:27 PM
can anyone provide me the link for me to download the nokia software updator to update the firmware
26-11-2007, 06:10 PM