View Full Version : serious software problem

sorinul
26-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Hello, my name is sorin and I'm kind of new on this forum. Well, I let myself in becouse I'm facing a serious software problem with my E 90. The problem started as soon as I have set a password for the device. After few hours my phone went dead. Completely dead!! Nothing I tried worked! I have removed the battery, sim card, MMC card, even recharged and yet my phone remained "stiff". Nothing brought this phone back to life. Well, I'm little confused now since my attempts led me to no result. Is there a similar problem solved on this forum? If there is not, how can be solved? Does anybody knows how?

nj7
26-11-2007, 03:07 PM
You already try a lot of possible solutions... Maybe the next one, is go to a Nokia Service:frown:

sorinul
27-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Hello again, I do think that I have the answer to my issue and I would like to share it. Well, I have surprisingly found out that, setting a password for the device, triggers an intense process or a conflict that drains the battery out in matter of hours. You will even feel the battery heat. My ridiculous solution is: recharge the battery for an hour, remove it until the phone has lost the basic settings and then replace it. You will be prompted to set the phone again, but do not waste the time: as soon as you can, type *#7370# (perform a hard reset). Removing password from settings menu will not solve the problem. Note that I have a brand new phone, made in Finland. I guess that competing with Windows Mobile, Nokia left some serious gaps in OS.:frown: