View Full Version : N95 on T-Mobile or N95-8GB on Vodaphone

matabele
24-11-2007, 09:58 PM
I was going to get the N95 on T-Mobile web&walk as I want unlimited internet, I do not use high levels of calls or texts, but went into vodaphone, they are offering a free 8GB with 300mins, 250 texts and unlimited internet for 35/month.

Do the extra features on the 8GB outweigh the fact that it is strangled by vodaphone firmware (I don't really want to invalidate warranty/insurance by debranding)

Cheers

Garry

Mithent
25-11-2007, 04:23 AM
I'm not sure, but I must note that the words 'unlimited' and 'Internet' are not happy bedfellows. I think the Vodafone limit is actually 120MB, and T-Mobile's is 1GB for basic Web'n'Walk - though I'm not so certain about Vodafone's, since I'm a T-Mobile customer. Best to clarify what the 'fair usage policy' says.

fdxd
25-11-2007, 10:52 PM
8gb is the better model. T-mobile the better network.

andykn
26-11-2007, 01:12 PM
T-mobile is a better value for money network, their coverage is not as good.

You won't invalidate your insurance by debranding and are very unlikely to have problems with warranty either.

Just make sure you don't sign up for an 18 month contract, its for the network's benefit, not yours.

A few people (including me) have been offered a free N95 8GB on 12 months at 35/mo in a Vodafone shop.

Beware that the "unlimited" internet is usually a 1 month trial.