View Full Version : Lightsaber v1.3 problems

typee
24-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I found the latest version (V1.3) of the lightsaber app, but my N95 tells me its not a supported file (.sisx). V1.2 gives me the same problems, yet V1.0 installs fine.

Can anybody help me? Does it need signing, even though my phone settings allow unsigned files? HELP!!!!!

bazzac
25-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Ive has the same problem with the N95 8 gig. Just doesnt want to install. Has anyone got it going on the new N95 8 gig?

typee
27-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Just upgraded firmware to v20, still wont work :(

evilweasel
27-11-2007, 02:56 PM
..... :listen: have you installed N95AccelerometerPlugin.sis first ?

davecozens
27-11-2007, 03:47 PM
..... :listen: have you installed N95AccelerometerPlugin.sis first ?

Which, incidentally, is installed when you install the disturbingly compelling (in a sit and play with it for 10 minutes at a time kinda way) "moving ball" demo...

And I still want some kind of ball rolling maze game (or some kind of katamri damancy clone, or super monkey ball or anything else with a rolling ball...). Somebody make one. Now. (Please)

randomfan
27-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Which, incidentally, is installed when you install the disturbingly compelling (in a sit and play with it for 10 minutes at a time kinda way) "moving ball" demo...

And I still want some kind of ball rolling maze game (or some kind of katamri damancy clone, or super monkey ball or anything else with a rolling ball...). Somebody make one. Now. (Please)

Yeah, someone totally should! There was one but that used the camera to detect movements so was far less accurate; and in any case I never got it to work :)

davecozens
27-11-2007, 03:57 PM
The beauty of the "idly rolling something about" genre, as I shall now refer to it, is that these games tend to be peaceful, distracting games rather than the mental race/hurt/kill games we tend to drown in.

Plus without having to press the tiny keys I won't keep pressing the damned media key with my fat fingers. Grrrrr!

bazzac
27-11-2007, 04:22 PM
The N95 8 gig just wont install lightsabre. The plugin installed very easily.

typee
27-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, installed the accelerometer thingy, had to for v1 to work

typee
28-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Yay, got it to work, scoured google and downloaded about 5 different versions till 1 worked. Sorry guys, can't remember which site had the working version, but give it a try

ichilton
10-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi,

I installed v1.5 on my N95 8GB.

It starts fine but I just get a green flashing screen with no sound or other sign of life.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Ian

waxup
10-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi,

I installed v1.5 on my N95 8GB.
Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have the accelerometer installed on your phone?

Also, it, lightsabre, has to be installed to your phone and NOT YOUR MEMORY CARD.

After you change settings, you have to press the left soft key again and select "light sabre" to initialize those changes and exit out of the options menu.

ichilton
10-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi,

The accelerometer DLL is on there and the moving ball example and RotateMe work fine.

Lightsaber is on the phone memory too.

Thanks

Ian

waxup
10-01-2008, 03:07 PM
okay so it should work fine then, just remember that after you change settings to hit the left soft key again and select "lightsaber" to invoke those changes.

The program really doesn't do much other than flicker the colour on the screen and make the "swoosh" noises of a lightsaber when you swing the phone and randomly put in "hit" sounds.

Let me know if it works.