View Full Version : phone memory issue

xhaggotx
21-11-2007, 11:30 PM
I have noticed that every time I turn off and then turn on my phone the free memory of the phone has gone down and I do not know what is taking up the space. It has now got down to around 20Mb and is starting to affect the phone.
Any help would be appreciated

Biggzy
21-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I have noticed that every time I turn off and then turn on my phone the free memory of the phone has gone down and I do not know what is taking up the space. It has now got down to around 20Mb and is starting to affect the phone.

have u cleard the browser cache?

xhaggotx
21-11-2007, 11:45 PM
have u cleard the browser cache?
Yes I have and it has no effect.
The memory details says that 129Mb of memory are being used on the phone but I save everything to my memory card

Biggzy
21-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Yes I have and it has no effect.
The memory details says that 129Mb of memory are being used on the phone but I save everything to my memory card

have a look thru all the phones folders in file manager etc

xhaggotx
21-11-2007, 11:59 PM
have a look thru all the phones folders in file manager etc
Using the file manager on the phone there is nothing of any great size on the phone memory
I have Y-browser so can see the other "drives" on the phone, but do not want to delete anything from this part in case it is vital to the phone's running

Biggzy
22-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Using the file manager on the phone there is nothing of any great size on the phone memory
I have Y-browser so can see the other "drives" on the phone, but do not want to delete anything from this part in case it is vital to the phone's running

hmmmm not sure what it could be then

pa49
22-11-2007, 10:21 AM

My phone currently has 17.1M of operating memory free and this about normal.
The amount you have will depend on a lot of things and will change with usage and apps installed.
This does not affect the storage mem on the phone and as this is available for use you should install all your apps here and the result will be a faster and more stable phone.
I don't think you have anything unusual going on.

mmarks
22-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I have mail for exchange (2.1) and handy task manager running - on boot up I get around 17MB, but after a couple of minutes, this drops to 10mb!!!!

dez_borders
23-11-2007, 07:43 AM

Is the Message app using internal or card memory?
Do you keep all your inbox messages and emails or do you delete them regularly...

xhaggotx
26-11-2007, 11:06 PM
I do keep my messages on my internal memory but I delete them everyday
this has become a real issue now, my internal memory has now dropped to 776Kb free and I have not installed anything on the memory