View Full Version : Setting "defaults" for contacts sooo slow!

Taomyn
21-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Is it me or is the option for contacts to set the defaults for "Phone number", "Video call number" etc really slow to update the settings?

I had to recover all my contacts yesterday and it's taking nearly 20 seconds to accept the change to each option, so that's nearly 2 minutes for each contact!

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have an N95-1 with the latest v12.0.13 firmware installed.

kontraband
21-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Is it me or is the option for contacts to set the defaults for "Phone number", "Video call number" etc really slow to update the settings?

I had to recover all my contacts yesterday and it's taking nearly 20 seconds to accept the change to each option, so that's nearly 2 minutes for each contact!

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have an N95-1 with the latest v12.0.13 firmware installed.

Nope... mine just flys thru click and accept... its the AMOUNT of clicks to set defaults that annoys me... should just be check boxes.. .....anyway... :cool:

HoundDog
21-11-2007, 10:45 AM
It's a painful process to do but mine's ok, sometimes it'll take about 5 seconds on a number, but most of the time it's instant.

This is the bit I hate about upgrading the firmware, takes bloody ages, but it's better than choosing a number everytime you phone or text.

Taomyn
21-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Hmmmm.....I was hoping the PC Suite software would allow me to set them, but it doesn't. I've just updated to the v2 beta *gulp* so maybe that's something they've added. Won't know until I reboot later.

kontraband
21-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Hmmmm.....I was hoping the PC Suite software would allow me to set them, but it doesn't. I've just updated to the v2 beta *gulp* so maybe that's something they've added. Won't know until I reboot later.

beta'ing PCSuite.. BRave! ;)

Taomyn
21-11-2007, 11:02 AM
beta'ing PCSuite.. BRave! ;)

I'm a beta addict :o

Been running nothing but the nightly builds of Firefox for nearly 2 years and only once had a problem. Great fun :)

kontraband
21-11-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm a beta addict :o

Been running nothing but the nightly builds of Firefox for nearly 2 years and only once had a problem. Great fun :)

Yeah, I likey beta'ing too... and doing it for Vivendi games at the moment... early adopting! :icon14: