View Full Version : N95 Web Browser Problem

cmssbrie
19-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi all,

Firstly, Ive read all about this problem, and yep, I am also experiencing it. What I w2ant to know, is if I do a soft reset (mentioned in one of the threads), will I lose all the programs I have installed - For example, I currently have Route66 already installed, but I have actually lost the disk now, so don't want to have to pay for it again!

Any help much appreciated - and apologies if this has already been answered.

Cheers

andykn
19-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

Firstly, Ive read all about this problem, and yep, I am also experiencing it. What I w2ant to know, is if I do a soft reset (mentioned in one of the threads), will I lose all the programs I have installed - For example, I currently have Route66 already installed, but I have actually lost the disk now, so don't want to have to pay for it again!

Any help much appreciated - and apologies if this has already been answered.

Cheers

A soft reset (*#7780#) should only return all your phone settings to default without affecting applications, messages, contacts or calendar.

A hard reset or full format (*#7370#) will wipe everything not on the firmware or memory card. Applications, messages, contacts, calendar entries will all go.

I think.

kontraband
20-11-2007, 12:24 PM
A soft reset (*#7780#) should only return all your phone settings to default without affecting applications, messages, contacts or calendar.

A hard reset or full format (*#7370#) will wipe everything not on the firmware or memory card. Applications, messages, contacts, calendar entries will all go.

I think.

yeah, soft reset goes back to standard settings without erasing data, hard reset wipes data and gos back to fresh settings.

Either way tho... Id take a backup.

cmssbrie
20-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I will give it a go.:icon14:

cmssbrie
20-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I will give it a go.:icon14:

Just in case anyone else was wondering about this issue, I just tried the Soft reset, and as the guys above said, it didn't remove any applications or anything like that - thank God!!:tongue:

However, this didnt solve the Web browser problem - so it looks like a Hard reset is the ony way forward :mad: