View Full Version : N95 8gb slider

stv183
18-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Hi all, I bought a black 8gb N95. The slider was decent on it but still has some slight movement up and down and seemed to get a little looser after a few weeks.

I think I might just be nuts and am bothered by the slightest motion of the slider.

But I wanted to know what other owners of the black 8gb were experiencing with the slider and if anyone had one that had no motion at at all.

Thanks

superwario
18-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Hey i'm experiencing the same problem with my n95 8gb. I have movement only when the phone is in the closed position, about 1 mm. When i hit the buttons there is a little creaking noise as well because of the movement. are you experiencing this? I agree with you it is very annoying, and having paid 800 for this device i would like it to feel a bit more solid.

stv183
18-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Yep, I have the creaking noise too, mine also has a 1 mm movement when it is open. This is unacceptable, I think it's time to say goodbye to nokia sliders and wait for the N82.

hatchie
18-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I have the same problem with my N95 8gb. It is loose when the slider is open ir closed. Quite an annoying problem. This is the first ever slider i have had and i'm not impressed!

GavinK151
19-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I have the same problem with my N95 8gb. It is loose when the slider is open ir closed. Quite an annoying problem. This is the first ever slider i have had and i'm not impressed!

hey guys, me too.

Just to confirm - you mean loose in the slider open/close direction rather than loose in the "up and down" direction like the infamous wobbly slider issue of the original N95?

i.e. about a mm of play in this direction?:

landscape mode<----------> portrait mode