View Full Version : View all Youtube,yahoo, and more on your N95.

pachi
13-11-2007, 03:05 AM
Just letting you all know that if you got to m.vtap.com, you can view all youtube videos. I still don't know how they do it but it works.:icon14:

seki
13-11-2007, 03:47 AM
real player tries to play them and fails after a short time.

So maybe its not "all" ??

lightbulb
13-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Wahey, I signed up on their site to let them know I'm an s60 user, after I saw vtap mentioned over at scobleizer.com (http://scobleizer.com/2007/09/08/first-look-cool-cell-phone-video-app/).

They used to have a form you could fill in to let them know you had a series60 device or something else that that vtap didn't support. I filled it in with the hope of there being a s60 client but the form is now gone and this may be the final solution :(

Tried vtap the other day on some youtube videos that I had previously tried to convert and download using vixy.net (and failed), seems to work ok so far, not used it enough to test the reliability and availability of the service though.

tvishy98
13-11-2007, 07:14 AM
I work for veveo who provide the vTap service.

Seki - whos the service provider? May be it doens't support streaming vidoes (RTSP). If you are trying this in WLAN, your WLAN router should do RTSP NATing properly.

lightbulb - Sorry - We haven't yet starting sending our email/notifications to the users who have registered with us, we just wanted to make sure it work OK before we do that. Hope m(dot)vtap(dot)com works for you.

pachi - thanks for your comments, please send us your feedback on how we can make it better, we also play vidoes from google,dailymotion,myspace and other sites. If you find an Internet Site that's not available in our index, please let us know.

pachi
13-11-2007, 07:31 AM
real player tries to play them and fails after a short time.

So maybe its not "all" ??

prob cause you have to put your access point in RP.

pachi
13-11-2007, 07:32 AM
I work for veveo who provide the vTap service.

Seki - whos the service provider? May be it doens't support streaming vidoes (RTSP). If you are trying this in WLAN, your WLAN router should do RTSP NATing properly.

lightbulb - Sorry - We haven't yet starting sending our email/notifications to the users who have registered with us, we just wanted to make sure it work OK before we do that. Hope m(dot)vtap(dot)com works for you.

pachi - thanks for your comments, please send us your feedback on how we can make it better, we also play vidoes from google,dailymotion,myspace and other sites. If you find an Internet Site that's not available in our index, please let us know.

what you guys did is create the tru bread and butter.

lightbulb
13-11-2007, 02:10 PM

Thanks for coming to AAS and posting!

Don't worry about the emails, I wasn't having a go, I got my hopes up that there might be a dedicated client for Symbian phones but the web based service will do :)

It would be great if you do have plans to create a Symbian based client though :icon14:

Sean_uk
13-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Just tried this over WLan and works great :)

sturgeon
13-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Seki,

It is possibly that your Real Player is set to stream from a low bandwidth connection, mine was.

If you change it in Real Player settings this works well!

Cheers,

s.

RogerPodacter
14-11-2007, 12:16 AM
all i can say is this video site is awesome!! i dont know how it works, but its great, has all the videos, and the quality is f*$king good! better than mobile youtube for sure. and it pulls videos from all the video sites, not just youtube.

tvishy98
18-11-2007, 02:28 PM

Don't worry about the emails, I wasn't having a go, I got my hopes up that there might be a dedicated client for Symbian phones but the web based service will do :)

It would be great if you do have plans to create a Symbian based client though :icon14:

Thanks, in-fact we have a J2ME version in beta stage - we support incremental character based search in that client - that user experience is much better and the player is embedded with in the client. I can share if you would like to beta test it - please PM me. Thanks again - Please send us your feedback.

lightbulb
18-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Great news! I liked the look of Windows Mobile/Pocket PC client and was hoping for something similar. I look forward to trying out the beta client, PM sent!

dropout123
24-11-2007, 01:15 AM
i yheard tinytube.com or .net was a good one for mobiles

jinx405
24-11-2007, 04:30 AM
Seki,

It is possibly that your Real Player is set to stream from a low bandwidth connection, mine was.

If you change it in Real Player settings this works well!

Cheers,

s.

Hi there.. I've got the same problem as seki and its quite annoying! Which settings do u change in real player?

This site looks good so im hoping for the best :)

jinx405
24-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi there.. I've got the same problem as seki and its quite annoying! Which settings do u change in real player?

This site looks good so im hoping for the best :)

it works!!! at first when i changed my access point to my wifi, it still didnt work... and when i turned proxy servers off, it worked! so its all good :D

amazing stuff as well... being able to access youtube videos from your mobile :)

tvishy98
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM

Note the real player settings should be set correct for the video to play properly.
Send your feedback/comments to psupport@veveo.net

hellscream
07-12-2007, 10:59 AM
tvishy98

Do you know if there will ever be a way to save the videos to a microSD or lets say a 8gb HD?That would be awesome to be able to save the videos and not just bookmark them.TIA

tvishy98
10-12-2007, 06:23 AM
tvishy98

Do you know if there will ever be a way to save the videos to a microSD or lets say a 8gb HD?That would be awesome to be able to save the videos and not just bookmark them.TIA

We will look into this. Happy that you are enjoying m.vtap.com, please send us your comments at psupport@veveo.net

jipee296
10-12-2007, 11:46 AM
i saw this on other forums.. hopes this could help.... http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=208689