View Full Version : Anyone an expert on streaming via wi-fi?

Kikura
10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Can anyone help?

For some reason my wireless router is blocking streaming video (such as that through videocentre) and some streaming audio on th N95.

It doesn't do this with any streaming stuff on my laptop.

I have ensured Realplayer settings are using the same access point as the phone and the log on the router settings page indicated that those streams have actually been blocked.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

shug
10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
make sure you open port 554 on your router.

Kikura
11-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks.

I've tried but can't get it to work though.

I'm probably done something wrong though, I'm no expert on networking issues.

Keydogg
11-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Make sure your N95 has a static IP, and forward that port to the correct IP, double check its right!

shug
13-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Try port triggering instead of port forwarding if your router supports this feature.

Kikura
13-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, but after months of researching and mucking about with settings I've finally managed to get it to work.

I found the ip address of my phone and enabled dmz for that address in my router settings. Not the most elegant solution apparently, but it works!

Great for watching youtube via m.vtap.com as suggested in another thread.

Biggzy
13-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, but after months of researching and mucking about with settings I've finally managed to get it to work.

I found the ip address of my phone and enabled dmz for that address in my router settings. Not the most elegant solution apparently, but it works!

Great for watching youtube via m.vtap.com as suggested in another thread.

i tried this yesterday and it works, i can now stream bbc radio etc and http://m.vtap.com