View Full Version : E90 Product codes

petersonwd
06-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I just received my E90 and I wanted to update the firmware. The product code for my E90 is 0533332. Does anyone know what this means? Is it associated with a given country? I see quite a few post where people are changing their product codes. What is the advantage of this and how is it done?

SwitchBlade
06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I've no idea how and why different product codes are handed out to different mobiles. They tend to run by region and colour. There is a new firmware out but it seems to have been rolled out to some product codes and not others (maybe an attempt to stop all and sundry updating their device at the same time and killing the server), so some people are changing their product code to one that the new firmware is available for to receive the update.

islamey
07-11-2007, 04:08 AM
I just received my E90 and I wanted to update the firmware. The product code for my E90 is 0533332. Does anyone know what this means? Is it associated with a given country? I see quite a few post where people are changing their product codes. What is the advantage of this and how is it done?

E90, Euro1 mocha, Unlocked; English, Netherlands, Romanian and Bulgarian language pack. There is firmware 7.40.xx available for this product code.