View Full Version : Nokia Software Update problem with E90

lacordaire
27-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi guys,

I'm trying reflash my device with the same firmware that already is running on it but, the Nokia Software Update shows a message telling me that my device is already up to date. What can I do to reflash it?

tks,
Laco.

swingerman
27-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Hi,

The Nokia Software Updater offers you an option to reflash your devices actual firmware on the same window when it informs you that your phone's firmware is up to date.

lacordaire
27-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi Miklos,

Thanks for your response.
My problem is this! There is no option to reflash...

Anyone runs Nokia Updater on Windows Vista, maybe can be a Vista issue.

thanks,
Laco.

lacordaire
27-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Hummm... What is the official Firmware provided by Nokia?
I'm running the 7.38.02 version and thinking now that it is not official so, the Nokia Updater does not offers me a option to refresh. Is it possible?

islamey
28-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Hummm... What is the official Firmware provided by Nokia?
I'm running the 7.38.02 version and thinking now that it is not official so, the Nokia Updater does not offers me a option to refresh. Is it possible?

The official firmware for E90 is 7.24. XX and 7.40.XX coming soon: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/6112_E90_firmware_note.php;)

matt jones
28-10-2007, 08:10 AM
I have used NSU on a fair few handsets , although indeed you cannot flash to an earlier firmware (as is the case here) , I have also noticed that it doesn't seem to let you reflash your current software UNLESS you are trying to flash with a different version - ( i.e. have changed you Product code with NSS ) - therefore there are two different screens that come up - one saying "Your Software is up to date " and another saying "Your software is up to date , but you can reinstall if you wish"
This really frustrated me for a while !