View Full Version : Anyone here using LCG Jukebox??

Obiwanquinobi
14-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new here so be gentle with me.. :-) This is my first Symbian based phone and I'm having a few problems.

Just bought this LCG Jukebox application today for my Z8 and I after inputting the validation code, I cant seem to get the damn thing to validate over the internet. After the internet connects it keeps giving me an error message:

'Authentication Failed' Could not connect to server.

I'm connected to the internet ok and I can use the web browser etc with no problems!! I've logged a support mail with Lonely Cat, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there is anything I've missed in the way of configuring my phone?

Anyone got any ideas??

Muchos thanks in advance.

stuclark
15-10-2007, 01:43 PM
If you can access the internet ok on the phone, then it's likely not to be anything you have / haven't done. I think it's far more likely there's a problem with LCG's activation server.

Obiwanquinobi
15-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I still havent heard back from Lonely Cat regarding this issue.

I might try authenticating again later, but it does seem theres a problem with the server.

Cheers again

st3ph3n
16-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Try changing the default access point on the phone - if you're using Vodafone then it will be Contract WAP which routes traffic through Vodafone's proxy servers and an activation wouldn't get through.

But if you used the Contract Internet access point it would work.

I take it you bought LCG Jukebox because the inbuilt media player was crap? I trialled it and thought it was a very capable alternative, but in the end got the phone swapped out for something completely different.

Obiwanquinobi
16-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Try changing the default access point on the phone - if you're using Vodafone then it will be Contract WAP which routes traffic through Vodafone's proxy servers and an activation wouldn't get through.

But if you used the Contract Internet access point it would work.

I take it you bought LCG Jukebox because the inbuilt media player was crap? I trialled it and thought it was a very capable alternative, but in the end got the phone swapped out for something completely different.

Well I never!! :o

I had a look in my connections, (I'm with o2 pay monthly btw) and there are 3 listed.

o2 Pay Monthly
o2 Mobile Web
And something else I cant remember

My default was o2 Pay monthly - which is fine for browsing the web and getting mail, btw. I read this and I changed the default connection to the o2 Mobile Web connection and voila! ! I managed to get the authentication request through and it now works :icon14:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction mate. :)

Yeah, I do think the inbuilt media player is rubbish. LCG Jukebox is a mean little app and well worth the 14.99 it cost. The sound quality is so much better than the inbuilt player.

My only 'real' gripe with the Z8 is the lack of an FM Radio. I do like the phone, although the keypad is a bit small for my sizeable mits.

Cheers again for the pointer mate.