View Full Version : A Closer Listen to A2DP: Stereo Bluetooth Music

slitchfield
08-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Ewan takes a listen to the progress Bluetooth headsets have made with A2DP and isn't all that sure about what he's hearing...

Read on in the full article (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/A_Closer_Listen_to_Stereo_Bluetooth.php).

jah
08-10-2007, 04:12 PM
I consider myself to be an audiophile (some bits of my hifi are worth more than most of my Smartphones :) ) and I would never think of using BT A2DP at home where there is no need for wireless connections. Wireless connection, IMHO, is best for when you are on the move (traveling) and in these conditions the outside noise means you can't really discern the subtleties in the music. Very happy with my N95, BH-500 & Etymotic ER6s :)

Edit: I prefer OGG over AAC and MP3 and I think I am using 160kbps encoding

fidolatry
08-10-2007, 05:16 PM
It should be pointed out that ALL Bluetooth headsets are a risk to your mobile handset's security, as reported in the latest episode of BBC's Click...

viipottaja
08-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Hmm.. AAS guys, any comment on the previous comments' security concern? Is it real?

Excellent article. I suspect I have to stick to wired headphones with my N95 when I actually buy it. ;) Can't have my Rush tracks losing tempo! :-)

swingerman
09-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Hy guys,

None the less that the above mentioned problems sometimes happends I recommend stereo bluetooth.

i choose JABRA. i did not try other brands and I wont try. With the bt320s headset I experienced crystal clear sound and the above mentioned tempo loosing happens only 1%. So i have got my crystal clear handsfree experience.

thanks to the changeable headset ability you can change the headsets to your home one when you at home or you can plug your home HI FI system and listen your music from you phone. When a call comes in you will be notified automatically. If your phone supports text to speech you can set up to switch to a different profile when headset is attached on this profile you can switch on the read callers name function.

Everybody enjoy

Duncan J Murray
09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Ewan : As an audiofile do you find the quality from your N95 sufficient for your needs? (of course assuming you've encoded the files well etc...) I'm quite keen on my music, and I find I get good sound quality on my laptop recorded mp3 ~200kps with sony ex71lp earbuds. Apart from the added storage facility, is it worth getting an ipod over a phone music player?

Duncan.

Mithent
09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I would be astonished to hear that audiophiles find the N95's audio quality over headphones to be even approaching acceptable; I'm no audiophile at all, but I can't stand the loud hissing of the N95's audio output.