View Full Version : Album art in Music Player for 6120 Classic?

Hans Bostrom
27-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi (my first post on this forum),

I wonder if anyone could explain to me how to include Album Art for mp3 files in the Music Player in Nokia 6120 Classic?

I have searched these forums, and apparently there is a solution for the Nokia N-series, where you can manually set Album Art through the Options Menu in Music Player. However, on my 6120 (latest firmware, Swedish) the "Album Art" option does not appear in the menu.

I have also double checked that the mp3 ID3v2 tags are associated with a jpeg picture before I transfer the files to my phone, but no album art shows up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hans

Hans Bostrom
30-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok, I found an answer of sorts myself, I'll mention it here if anyone else has the same question.

Due to limitations in the Nokia Music Player software, apparently it only recognizes album art when it is specified in the ID3v2 tag as "Album Cover (Front)". iTunes on Windows always specifies album art as "User Defined", and that's why it doesn't show up in the Music Player.

What I did was to use WMP10/11 to define the picture as "Album Cover (Front)" (right click the song and choose "Advanced Tag Editor"). After this everything works fine.

Of course this is a hassle, and what Nokia SHOULD do is to scan the ID3v2 tag and just use any attached image, the way most other software handle this situation.

Further discussions on this topic are found on the Nokia discussion forums, sorry but I wasn't allowed to post a link.

xear
23-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry but, i ve done this, in fact, i ve done all of things that i could (resize to 200x200, square, cover front...) and my phone 6120 only shows covers autodowloaded with itunes that i could see that they are 200x200.
Any help that you know that it works? Thx. sorry for my english