View Full Version : Setting wallpaper on the Z8

Matt.C
27-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi all, got my Z8 last week, took a bit of getting used to after having Nokias for my last 3 phones, but now im more than happy with my choise, seems a great phone.

1 problem i seem to have is that i cant set a picture i have taken on the phone as the wallpaper on the home screen. When i select a pic as wallpaper it seems to do somthing, but when returning to the home screen its just the original blue coloured o2 background.

Is there a problem, or is there a certain resolution the pic needs to be for it to work?

Incidentily, i bluetoothed a couple of pics from my old N73 onto the Z8 and it wont even open those, says there was an error when clicking on it, anyone any clues about that?

Any help appreciated - cheers :)

MotoZ8
28-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I tried Gallery>> view picture >> set as wallpaper << this doesnt work.
but you can do the below steps to change your background.

1.Press the Home Button.
2.Click on the Control Panel
3.Select Home Settings button
4.Choose or Scroll to Wallpaper
5.Once you have displayed wallpaper << change the picture displayed to one that you prefer.

Matt.C
28-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Cheers mate, that has worked.

Do you know if there is any way you can set the camera so save pics you take automatically? Im used to Nokias way of doing it were every pics saves, it seems on the Z8 you have to save each pic individually after you have taken it?

MotoZ8
30-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Cheers mate, that has worked.

"it seems on the Z8 you have to save each pic individually after you have taken it?it?"

Hi

All Pictures you take are automatically saved with default names.
The reason you get the pictures shown is just so that you can have a look and save them with different names.
If you just want to take pictures. Just press the back button and keep on shooting (pictures) ;)