View Full Version : Nokia E90 Not vibrating...

Dogward
19-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi !
I have my nokia E90 for about a week now... But I just became aware that the phone is not vibrating...
I know the "vibrator" does work: when I turn on the phone, it does vibrates for about half a seg...
But when I set the phone on silent mode or normal profile (both with vibration activated) and I receive a call or a text message it just won't vibrate. It is quite annoying, I missed 3 calls today...
Do you know if that can be fixed ? how ? should I try resetting the phone to factory settings ?
Please, any advice is welcome. TKS

jmvdinis
22-08-2007, 02:06 PM
My E90 does not vibrate at all... This must be a firmware bug.

I will send an e-mail to Nokia.

phillips6549
15-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Reviving a very old thread but I've just noticed that my morning wake-up alarm (set in Clock) usually vibrates but on those mornings where the phone is connected to the charger for an overnight charge - it doesn't!

Mark
E90 on O2 with firmware V07.24.0.3

The_Fellowship
15-04-2008, 10:09 AM
My Nokia E90 vibrates ok (excpet when the charger is plugged in, I think most Nokias are like that though).

I have the generic firmware v200.34.72 - 27/2/2008

Maybe a firmware update is required?

Cheers

anthoj
18-04-2008, 08:40 AM
The other day my E90 didn't vibrate either...I had to restart the phone to get it to vibrate again. I think this is a firmware issue too. Either that or it's a defect. I have never dropped my phone.

buster
20-04-2008, 08:15 AM
I've also had it that my E90 "forgets" to vibrate. This is always fixed by a reboot, but is annoying nevertheless, particularly if you don't realise, and miss a call as a result...

jmvdinis
20-04-2008, 09:34 PM
As phillips6549 said: "Reviving a very old thread..." but it is always up to date!

When I wrote that my E90 doesn't vibrate... I was wrong... I didn't activate the option to vibrate :redface:

Sorry for no postting when I found but I was very ashamed

Now it vibrates and very strongly! (As I am!)

MasonMorales
06-03-2009, 08:34 AM
I share a room with two other guys and we are all on different work timings. My present alarm clock wakes everybody up. Do you know of any other alarm clock that will not disturb anyone else?

DixonRamos
06-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi MasonMorales,

I have a great alarm that has been of immense help to me as I share a room with two regular hour office goers. I have researched the net and to my delight found a helpful site: wwwdotshakeawakedotcom. You can choose from a range of alarm clocks that have the latest technology to suit your needs.

buster
07-03-2009, 10:06 AM
My E90 also sometimes refuses to vibrate, which is always solvable by a reboot. I have the latest FW but it has done this since I got it 15 months ago, so it seems to be a deeply-seated problem.

The main problem is that it's not easy to test if it's actually going to vibrate when I want/need it to, which can lead to missed calls...

18-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Something similar happened to me. It turned out that near to the vibrating motor there is a small piece of foam rubber about 5 *5 millimeteres with a small whole in it. Mine had come loose and fouled the weight that causes the vibration. A few seconds with a bent paper clip fishing around through the memory card hatch fixed it for me. I don't know what the foam rubber does though.

chanduuu
18-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Do a factory settings reset by pressing *#7780# no data will be lost or u can find it in tools->settings