View Full Version : Connect to internet through other phone ?

Stashcompinc
19-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Hi,
this is my first post here. Ive got two phones Nokia N95 and P1i. My N95 has hsdpa with unlimited access. Ive been trying to get my P1i to connect to it via bluetooth and use the N95 internet connection but I cant seem to get it to work, does anyone here know how to do it ? Help would be much appriciated. Thanks in advance.

vsuraj
26-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Hi,
this is my first post here. Ive got two phones Nokia N95 and P1i. My N95 has hsdpa with unlimited access. Ive been trying to get my P1i to connect to it via bluetooth and use the N95 internet connection but I cant seem to get it to work, does anyone here know how to do it ? Help would be much appriciated. Thanks in advance.

That's not going to be possible.
1. The N95 is setup to use the HSDPA stack via the browser. It would need a piece of software code that can pick up data received via bluetooth and send it to the HSDPA stack, which would then push it out to the UMTS Network over air. Its not a straight forward thing.
2. Even if you have a bluetooth connection to the N95, you will not be able to make the p1's browser send the data over the bluetooth connection. The P1's browser is set up to send the data over its UMTS/GSM stack. You need to write a software that will redirect data from the P1's browser to the bluetooth connection.