View Full Version : Synchronisation issues with Vista PC

tenor
02-08-2007, 05:52 AM
Hi all,

I just got the E90 recently.
I have problems synchronising the E90 with my vista pc which I hope someone in the forum can advise/help address.

I have downloaded the latest Nokia Sync software (.84). When linking to the E90, the options available was to link to Express Outlook. When I chose Microsoft Outlook, it didn't work as there is no Microsoft outlook on the Vista.

I could synchronise contact data but not calender data onto Express outlook. Have I chosen the correct setting ?

Thanks for your help.:)

slitchfield
02-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi all,

I just got the E90 recently.
I have problems synchronising the E90 with my vista pc which I hope someone in the forum can advise/help address.

I have downloaded the latest Nokia Sync software (.84). When linking to the E90, the options available was to link to Express Outlook. When I chose Microsoft Outlook, it didn't work as there is no Microsoft outlook on the Vista.

I could synchronise contact data but not calender data onto Express outlook. Have I chosen the correct setting ?

Thanks for your help.:)

Err... if you haven't got Outlook then you can't sync to it. Don't worry too much though, it's easy enough to sync these days to a web browser-hosted PIM. See my article here (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/Who_needs_Outlook_Syncing_to_Mobicalnet.php) and see also the comments/suggestions (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/5656_No_Outlook_needed_Syncing_to_M.php#comm) on the news story.

Steve

tenor
06-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Hi,

To clarify, using the Outlook Express optin , I am able to synchronise my contact details (which I can locate in the Windows Note in the vista PC). However, it can't syn the calendar entries from my mobile to the PC.

I tried Mobical but it works with a telecoms provider in where i lived (Singapore). Alas, the provider charges monthly fees and GPRS fees for the syn backup; and only the contact details are backed up in the provider's server.

Hope you can advise how best I can syn both contact AND calendar data onto the vista PC.
Thanks.

Dogmann
07-08-2007, 10:20 AM
@tenor

That's why Outlook Express is free and you have to buy Outlook, Outlook Express has limited functionality but gives a taste for Outlook. Outlook is just so much better it's not true, i have been using Outlook since it first launched and really is a must have app for me. Basically it runs my life and is duplicated well enough on my devices.

But as mentioned there are lots of really good online sync company's on this Forum there is a right up and recommendation for a service called Mobical. Check it out as this looks like it will help you achieve what you are looking to do.

Marc

tenor
08-08-2007, 02:39 AM
Thanks Gogmann for your comments .

As I am using vista business, will there be any conflict problem if I download Microsoft Outlook ?

On Mobical, I checked and found out that it works in singapore only with a local telcom partner. This telcom partner only provides syn capability on contact data BUT not calender and other data. Also, there's a monthly subscription fee on top of the GPRS usage charges.