View Full Version : z8 and tzones...

zackymax
22-07-2007, 03:07 AM
i just got a new motorola z8 and had it unlocked. i just spent an hour on the phone with t-mobile and they tried to help me with the settings for t-zones but nothing seemed to work. does anyone have any ideas about this?

plink212
22-07-2007, 11:32 AM
what problems are you having?
mine works on tmobile
in the control panel goto internet settings/internet accounts
do options/new account/data
name the account something memorable
set the address to general.t-mobile.uk, tick user name and password required
set username to user and password to wap
do Option/save
Now you have the apn in you list of internet connections, hover over it with the cursor? and do options/preferred account.
When you open the browser it tries to go to your default homepage in my case live.vodafone.com
at that point just do options go to web page and it seems to work.

On a side note if anyone knows how to change the homepage I would be most appreciable.

Regards

Tim

zackymax
22-07-2007, 03:00 PM
i just tried it using the settings you told me about but it still doesn't work. do you know what the proxy and ip settings should be? when i try it now it says "can not connect to proxy server"

mobilewonder
22-07-2007, 07:13 PM
if you goto www.hellomoto.com, the select uk, the top right hand corner has operator settings. goto this, select the z8 and follow the instructions.

The only quirk is that once downloaded, the z8 doesn't set these as your preffered settings. Goto control panel-> internet settings, internet accounts, options, preffered settings and select the t-mobile one and then options, save.

Hope that helps,

zackymax
22-07-2007, 11:24 PM
thanks for the help. i just downloaded the settings, but again it says that it can not connect to the proxy server. the strange thing is that the picture messaging works, so i do have data capabilities. it's just that even with these settings i can not connect to the internet. any ideas?