View Full Version : WLAN problems N93

Soenne
16-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi guys :)

Can someone please help me, im having problems detecting my WLAN at home, my N93 cant find it AT ALL when using the WLAN scan option. I can easily find several of my neighbors WLAN, so thats not the problem.

I have the D-Link DIR-655, which supports 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n (draft) and im not having any problems accesing it from my labtop.

I hope someone can help me :S

slitchfield
24-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi guys :)

Can someone please help me, im having problems detecting my WLAN at home, my N93 cant find it AT ALL when using the WLAN scan option. I can easily find several of my neighbors WLAN, so thats not the problem.

I have the D-Link DIR-655, which supports 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n (draft) and im not having any problems accesing it from my labtop.

I hope someone can help me :S

Very wierd. I presume you've tried power cycling both devices?

Steve

martok604
03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello,

Just got a D-link dir-655 and found this thread. Having a similar problem
with the N80. It would seem that when the router is in mixed n/g/b with
40mhz enabled, the phone won't connect, mixed n/g/b single channel (20mhz)
connects are intermitent and if the router is set to g-mode only, the phone
is able to connect with no problems.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a draft-n router but it would seem Nokia or
dlink have some FW issues to address.

spacecowb
18-10-2007, 01:12 PM
I have purchased new draft N. router Firmware 1.05.

Phone connects perfectly and can browse and access internet fully all the time without any problems.

Attempting to run Gizmo VOIP only works for couple of hours after doing a cold reset on the router.

Phone is having a static IP, also on DMZ, router on G and B only. For some reason after few hours online and then turning phone off or walking outside the reach of WLAN it won't function any more. Nothing can be done on the phone, but power cycling the router seems to help.

I get an error "unable to connect to connection network"

As said everything else works just fine, finding the network browsing internet. It's just not possible to use Gizmo VOIP.

Anybody else having similar problems?

Donks
15-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Try looking through the router settings (i think default for DLINK is type 192.168.0.1 into your browser w/ username and password being admin) and see if theres an option where you can disabled the pre-n functionality. Seeing as the main difference between your router and the other routers you can detect is the whole pre-n thing, its worth a shot. Pre-N is garbage anyway, since its based on a draft.