View Full Version : Z8 Advert

langdona
16-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Well I saw the Z8 advert on Channel 4 (UK) today.

Anyone seen a real one for sale yet?

plinkykev
17-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Not out yet... Also, please stay clear of any you may find on e-bay - they might be scams or pre-order listings (even if they don't say so!)

While you're waiting though I guess a good starting point is the official Z8 micro site, located here (http://europe.motorola.com/uk/motorizrz8/)

It has specs, images, etc - quite a lot of info in there - lots of drop-down options and things to see - can you spot the movie card for instance?

Please note I work on the technical side, not in sales/marketing, so requests for release dates, samples, etc are not in my area, but i'll be happy to help on other issues wherever possible.

langdona
17-06-2007, 06:52 PM
All I meant was that as the adverts are now appearing on national UK television a release must be imminent otherwise they are just wasting advertising. I will guess Monday but I'm probably wrong.

My interest is merely curiosity to see what a non touch screen UIQ device is like and what other people think of it.

Good cautionary advice though! I'd just like to add that's its not a good idea to buy a phone based on specification alone. Its best to wait until you've read a few reviews from independent websites or even better, reviews from people know you can trust.

stuclark
18-06-2007, 12:25 PM
The phone is due to ship this week, which should mean a public availability at the end of this week or early next week.