View Full Version : E90 Email and Microsoft activesync

ajmooseman
25-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Hello all first post so hope it's not already been discussed.

Having read the report about the E90 on this site, ther's just one thing I want to check before comitting to the device..

My company currently has Microsoft activesync up and running on our server at work.

I currently have a treo, which as a device is not bad PIM vise but as a phone it's horrible...

The email software on the treo is pretty good and str8 forward. Enter the relevant information (ie activesync logons paswords ect) and the device will sync wireless no problems.

Can I do this with the E90 straight out of the box or do I need more deive software/ server software.

Device software is no problem but I can't see server being put on just for me.

I look forward to your comments

Regards Moose

N/A
25-05-2007, 10:36 PM
You will need Nokia's Mail for Exchange app on the E90.

I don't know if the device will ship with it, but you can get it from:
http://businesssoftware.nokia.com/mail_for_exchange_downloads.php

You will of course have to have your Exchange Server configured with ActiveSync access over the Internet.

ajmooseman
29-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks for that, yup our work sever is all setup with activesynce and i'm currently running it on a treo.

Have people in the past had problems with security certificates before???

Rafe
29-05-2007, 05:56 PM
There's been some issues with security cetificates (mainly getting them into the correct format). There's a bunch of posts on the forum here about this.

You might also want to look at Roadsync (www.roadsync.com) which is more fully featured that the Nokia implementation.

Rafe

ajith
28-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Dear All

I need to know how to download msm messenger on my E90 ,i tried to download from msn site bue exe file i cant open please help me out

Regards
Ajith

kimofree
15-01-2008, 08:40 AM
To get MSN on your E90 or any nokia S60s, you need FRING (www.fring.com).
It can get your msn massenger list and Skype too at the same time.

Fring is free

good luck