View Full Version : How do i turn off the sound the N93 makes when making a video or photo?

Draxon
23-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi,

Every time I make a photo of video with my N93 it makes a sound to indicate that the recording/picture has begun.

Now I don't think it can be turned off in the phone menu, so 'm guessing i'd need a piece of software to do this.

Can anyone help me? the sound is really annoying and sometimes spoils a good moment :P .

With regards,

Drax

Enfors
03-07-2007, 12:43 PM
You can turn it off by going to the profile, and disabling the "warning sounds", if memory serves...

nj7
03-07-2007, 01:28 PM
On others S60v3 devices is enough put the phone on silent profile - is almost the same as Enfors said!

Pawlee
03-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I was wonderin why I never got camera tones on both my smart phones... its because with the both of them the first thing i did was scour the settings and get them right (ie turn off warning sounds)

ya learn somethin new everyday...

Richard G
26-07-2007, 05:02 PM
the warning sounds are sometimes compulsory, i'm pretty sure this is the case in the USA, so people around know you are taking a picture. The n93 however, by using either method mentioned, silent mode or by going into profile you should be fine :)