View Full Version : Was I ever infected by an virus?

Malandro
16-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Strangely after installing some freeware themes from a site I tough was legitimate I typed the codew to see the phone's serial number and the phone replied ; "Not executed ". Before installing such themes I already had on the phone an updated F-Secure . I did a reset and now the code works and the phone warns me there is an untrustable aplication on my memory card . When I look at it through the files manager it shows me a sis file with weird name with only 1 kb. Virus?

Pawlee
17-05-2007, 08:52 AM
sounds like it, i cant really say for sure... but that sounds like the sort of mess virii/malware likes to cause... it could just be a corrupt file

on my n73 i managed to corrupt a photo i took by editin it, deletin the edited picture, then makin a new edited picture from the picture and instead of savin the new picture i had edited it remade my old one which i deleted... and this caused my n73 to get VERY confused and caused numerous crashes until i removed the memory card and deleted it...

sorry went off on a tangeant there, but it could just be a corrupt theme which for some reason didnt install properly or was bugged in its creation and it could (and most likely would) cause your fone problems... i doubt it will spread like a virus though - just delete the file and possibly format the memory card (make sure you keep everythin of personal value from the memory card)

Malandro
19-05-2007, 03:42 AM
Dam now my phone doesnt receive calls ( dont vibrate or do anything ) . The caller hears an answering machine . I guess Ill take my phone to Nokias assistance . I jsut hope they know how to eliminate such threats . A really bad start at symbian phones

Pawlee
23-05-2007, 02:01 PM
well if it helps a little youve made sure that this doesnt happen to me ;)

ima stop downloadin freeware :|

Malandro
12-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Phone repaired . Never gonna install ANY 3rd apllication again :icon14:

N/A
12-06-2007, 10:02 PM
You loose out on a lot of things if you don't do that. Just get the apps from reputable sources, don't try to get commercial apps for free, etc.