View Full Version : Screen Protector films from eBay

FineArt
20-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I was recently going to purchase some screen protectors from eBay. These are basically a piece of clear flexible plastic that you stick on the screen to stop it getting scratched; like the piece of plastic that is stuck over the screen when the phone ships, but much more transparent and unobtrusive.

Have any of you tried these and were you satisfied?

I am lothe to buy one as it's basically a piece of plastic that someone has cut out with scissors and is charging 3 for!

Has anyone made a screen protector themselves?

Does having a screen protector on get in the way of using the stylus?

moonshot
25-04-2007, 08:07 PM
I was recently going to purchase some screen protectors from eBay. These are basically a piece of clear flexible plastic that you stick on the screen to stop it getting scratched; like the piece of plastic that is stuck over the screen when the phone ships, but much more transparent and unobtrusive.

I am lothe to buy one as it's basically a piece of plastic that someone has cut out with scissors and is charging 3 for!

Try here, mine arrived today, not put in on yet but looks ok and is the right size.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-Sony-Ericsson-W950-W950i-M600i-M600-Screen-Protector_W0QQitemZ320105591357QQihZ011QQcategoryZ 68024QQcmdZViewItem

bonhomme
27-04-2007, 03:07 PM

I've got one, works great. Doesn't impede the function of the touch screen at all, and means you don't have to worry about scratching the screen when you clean it by rubbing it on your jumper.

3GBP seems excessive, I got one for about AUD2 from an eBay vendor based in HK. You probably could cut one out yourself... but for less than the price of a coffee, it's probably not worth your time.

FineArt
09-05-2007, 08:51 AM
I bought 2 screen protectors for 3 from eBay and I'm using one, it's very good.

I'll sell the other one for 2 including postage, if anyone's interested.